Windows 10: Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

Discus and support Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoahVenn, Oct 2, 2019.

1. NoahVenn Win User

Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot...

now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive nor am able to allocate as a new volume drive

i have tried third party software(s)

i tried system restore to my last recovery point

i tried using window's disk management but every time i get is there's not enough space to perform the operation

i tried defragmenting it

i tried every available solution on the internet on every discussion thread but m not able to reclaim that storage anyway
    is there any other way of reclaiming the storage? screenshots attached

and yes neither i can convert my dynamic disk to basic or mbr

Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space e79d5e63-eb5d-4a72-a7ea-c68cf3f71702?upload=true.jpg

:)

NoahVenn, Oct 2, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Not Getting Able to Merge Drive with Unallocated Space!

You should be able to right click on partition I:, in Disk Management, and select Extend volume... to add the unallocated space to partition I:. It should be as simple as that. You can't "merge" unallocated space with a partition, because unallocated space is not a partition. To "merge" 2 things those things need to be the same type of thing.

And no, it's not illegal to copy files to another drive.

MrGenius, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Honey Win User

Not Getting Able to Merge Drive with Unallocated Space!

Oh yea may be that can be a way to do, i tried but its saying i have less space in drive, operation cant complete something like that, how much space do i need to extend?

Honey, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space - Similar Threads - Unable allocate merge

2. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  3. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  4. I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...: I need to extend space in my c drive but under disk management, there is no unallocated space. When I try to shrink volume, I don't know what number to be added there. Kindly guide me how to resolve these issues....
  5. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  6. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  7. Unable to format unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format unallocated disk space: I swapped out my hard drive to an SSD and cloned the drive. The initial drive was 500Gb and the new SSD has 1Tb capacity.Everything went well, however I cannot format 500Gb of un allocated space. I receive the following error message. How can I format unallocated space and...
  8. Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Disk Space: I recently bought a small laptop to do admin work while out-of-town. The computer came in with a 100 MB partition allocated to Recovery. That didn't leave me enough room for a Windows upgrade. There was nothing in the partition so I created an external Recovery, deleted the...
  9. Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

Merge several unallocated spaces into one.: Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new partition. Bear in mind that I have basic disk partitioning, do I need to transition to dynamic and is it possible to loss some...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...