Windows 10: Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to enable my microphone in the game bar menu, but I'm getting the message "Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone", so I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jwatl, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Jwatl Win User

Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar

Hello, I'm trying to enable my microphone in the game bar menu, but I'm getting the message "Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone", so I clicked "Show me how to fix it", but it seems that there is no option to allow the Xbox game bar to access my microphone, here's a screenshot of my privacy settings menu:

Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar 211f4ac7-c433-42f4-b623-40ff0965ddf2?upload=true.png

I have found threads in this forum describing my exact situation but none of these contained a solution that worked.

:)

Jwatl, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Hao99 Win User

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar

Xbox Game bar

hello!

my xbox game bar doesnt detect my microphone, when i press it, it says that my privacy settings prevent it from accessing microphone, but then, when i click on the "show my how to fix this" button it takes me to a list on settings, but, xbox game bar doesnt
    seem to be on this list

AngadBhalla, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar

1. Unable to allow access to microphone to Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Unable allow access

2. Xbox Game Bar Microphone Does Not Work Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Microphone Does Not Work Properly: I use the recording system that Xbox Game Bar provides. My mic works in some of the clips I took but sometimes it just records anything but my mic. My mic works perfectly on any other app, so problem is not my mic....
  3. Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.: I have tried multiple times to open the Xbox game bar Windows logo + G and It never opens, only when I'm on the desktop screen it opens and I receive an error message telling me I do not meet hardware requirements to record in-game videos even though I have checked the...
  4. Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.: I have tried multiple times to open the Xbox game bar Windows logo + G and It never opens, only when I'm on the desktop screen it opens and I receive an error message telling me I do not meet hardware requirements to record in-game videos even though I have checked the...
  5. How to allow xbox game bar through controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to allow xbox game bar through controlled folder access: When turning Controlled folder access on, Xbox game bar record is greyed out. When enable Xbox game bar to record in settings is automatically disable when exiting settings. Doesn't know where is the Xbox game bar program to add to allowed app. Someone knows the solution for...
  6. Microphone not working properly on Xbox Game Bar

Microphone not working properly on Xbox Game Bar: The microphone I am using works completely fine everywhere else, but for some odd reason when I attempt using it to talk in a party on the Xbox Game Bar, it either outputs a terrible white noise or plays everything on my desktop except for my voice. I'm unsure of what else to...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Microphone recording.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Microphone recording.: Hi, when i use my microphone it works perfectly but when i use it on xbox game bar it makes it much much worse. My mic is perfectly fine and works on other programs. I have also tried putting the audio settings high and it just wont work. Please Help....
  8. Xbox game bar microphone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar microphone issue: When I try to enable my microphone on the Xbox game bar, it always says: Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone. It makes no sense since I've enabled it on all apps and set it to on for pretty much everything. And, I've been able to talk in many other applications...
  9. Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar: My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10. It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, windows G, the menu says that the...
  10. Xbox game bar microphone keeps on muting it self.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar microphone keeps on muting it self.: Im a pretty good fps player and sometimes i just make plays that are worthy of being clipped but i also want to record my reaction when making those plays. The problem is, everytime i alt+tab or switch programs, xbox game bar decides to mute it self even when i checked the...