Windows 10: Unable to apply ClearType setting

Discus and support Unable to apply ClearType setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried applying ClearType several times, but every time I launch the set-up, the settings are reverted to its default values. I also noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aarspar, Mar 31, 2019.

1. aarspar Win User

Unable to apply ClearType setting

I have tried applying ClearType several times, but every time I launch the set-up, the settings are reverted to its default values. I also noticed there's no difference before or after configuring ClearType. I tried launching the set-up as administrator but I still didn't work. I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1809 on a Lenovo Ideapad 320, Intel Core i3 6006U and 4 GB or RAM.

:)

aarspar, Mar 31, 2019

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Mar 31, 2019
  3. What are the default settings for ClearType in Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to run the ClearType as after running the clear type all the steps are run automatically the default settings will be applied. Default setting we wont be able to tell as it depends on the
    make and model of the system. Depending on your system architecture it will automatically take the default settings.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Unable to apply ClearType setting

IE9: ClearType forced on

Is your problem on this iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 (1920x1200 26" LCD)? I'm surprised. Or are you operating the monitor in portrait mode?

May i suggest setting display dpi to 120, then run cleartype tuner (download from MS)

Of course, we wouldnt need to bother with cleartype if we had higher pixel density displays! *Pimp Unable to apply ClearType setting :pimp:

Completely Bonkers, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Unable to apply ClearType setting

1. Unable to apply ClearType setting - Similar Threads - Unable apply ClearType

2. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  3. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  4. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  6. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  7. Acer laptop: ClearType ignores settings for secondary display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer laptop: ClearType ignores settings for secondary display: Posting this here because I'm wondering if (among other things) it could be an OS issue with Windows 10, but I could be wrong. I have an Acer Nitro 5, model AN515-54, and I'm trying to use it with an external monitor and the laptop screen serving to extend the display. The...
  8. Microphone settings will not apply

Microphone settings will not apply: Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the...
  9. Cleartype settings keep on resetting

Cleartype settings keep on resetting: I am unable to change the default clear type settings. I change the setting an finish the process, the window closes but there are no changes in the text view. The setting reset to the default values everytime I click on finish......
  10. "apply" button for settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "apply" button for settings: Can't find one. Apparently the only way to invoke a change is to hit the X button. Which is a pain if I want to look at alternatives. Maybe a keyboard shortcut? 33700

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change cleartype text option on for all users of a computer