Windows 10: Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Discus and support Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I Have An External Hard Disk and For Some Reason One Of Its Partitions Did Not Show Up In The Explorer So I Researched And Found Out That It Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Hi,

I Have An External Hard Disk and For Some Reason One Of Its Partitions Did Not Show Up In The Explorer So I Researched And Found Out That It Was Because There Was No Letter Assigned To It.

I Opened Up Disk Management And Tried To Assign A Letter To It But There was An Error Saying......

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management 4dfb1042-b204-4ba6-81bd-7faf292c4c5d?upload=true.png

I Tried Other Software Like MiniTool Partition Wizard But That Didn't Help As well

I Thought That I Would Recover My Data From The inaccessible Partition And Then Format The Partition But The Software That I Was Using Only Allowed Me To Scan The Files whenever I Tried To Save The Scanned Files Onto Another Drive It Asked For Money...!!

Plz Help...........!!!

:)

PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Apr 6, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 6, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Disk management console view is not up-to-date

Thanks but when I reach:

Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

I am unable to assign, I keep getting (Please select a Volume and try again)

My RAID array is DISK 1, and Partition 1 1192.09 Gb

$immond$, Apr 6, 2019
  4. mmo17 Win User

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Unable to assign/remove drive letters using disk-management

Prior to Win10/1803 it was possible to unhide hidden partitions (e.g. the system disks recovery partition) using Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Computer Management => Disk management => right-click on the partition and choosing "Assign or change
    a drive letter".

I just tried that today and all the right-click menu offered was an entry "Help" - which was of no help... Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management :(

I then started diskpart and was able to assign and remove drive letters to that partition (and other hidden ones) at will. Why is that functionality not properly working in disk-management anymore?

mmo17, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

1. Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management - Similar Threads - Unable Assign Letter

2. How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters: HiMy PC has a 250GB SSD as the boot drive and I regularly back up to external USB3 drive using Macrium Backup.I also have a 320GB drive in the PC which I do a scheduled 'Disk Clone', again using Macrium.The issue I have is that after Macrium has cloned the boot drive Disk...
  3. How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters: HiMy PC has a 250GB SSD as the boot drive and I regularly back up to external USB3 drive using Macrium Backup.I also have a 320GB drive in the PC which I do a scheduled 'Disk Clone', again using Macrium.The issue I have is that after Macrium has cloned the boot drive Disk...
  4. How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SD Card not recognized and unable to assign drive letter in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card not recognized and unable to assign drive letter in Disk Management: I recently tried inserting an SD Card into my laptop Gigabyte Aorus 15G and the problem is that it does not get recognized by the file explorer but it does get recognized by the device manager and has the latest drivers. It has no drive letter assigned to it, so I tried...
  6. SD Card not recognized and unable to assign drive letter in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card not recognized and unable to assign drive letter in Disk Management: I recently tried inserting an SD Card into my laptop Gigabyte Aorus 15G and the problem is that it does not get recognized by the file explorer but it does get recognized by the device manager and has the latest drivers. It has no drive letter assigned to it, so I tried...
  7. Disk Management - Partitions

Disk Management - Partitions: Descobri que meu SSD de 1Tb diminuiu para 222 Gb.o que posso fazer? Posso juntar os volumes 1 e 3 ao 0 zero? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-partitions/8badfd33-7d4f-4f4b-96b6-be7c1d182fb1
  8. Disk Management - Partitioning

Disk Management - Partitioning: Trying to partition my old HD to use for sys image storage for my new SSD. Allocation went fine but problems creating a volume. Using the defaults except for the drive letter when I go to finish I get a warning that I am trying to convert that drive from basic to dynamic and...
  9. Can't assign a letter for drive in Windows Disk Manager

Can't assign a letter for drive in Windows Disk Manager: I have a drive which have three partitions one unallocated, I want to change the letter of a partition. I can't change the drive letter.. i tried many software but I can't. Please help Thanks in advance. Here is the Image >> [ATTACH]...
  10. partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10: Dear microsoft , i installed norton partition magic 8 ,and it showed error in the disk and i applied the fix for it , after that my main partition disappeared from explorer , it stills exists in disk management but i can not assign a new letter for it ,-error disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk manager unable to assign drive letter

2. disk management unable to assign drive letter to partition

3. mount efi partition windows 10 tools assing letter

4. unable to assign the Drive Letter in Disk Management,
  5. partition wizard disassign letter after asign,
  6. unable to assign drive lettter to partition,
  7. assign disk letter as primary partition imaging,
  8. unable to assign letter windows 10 disk management,
  9. unable to assign drive letter to partition,
  10. disk 1 partition 1 unable to assign a drive letter windows 10,
  11. assign letter to partition XP,