Windows 10: Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Discus and support Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I Have An External Hard Disk and For Some Reason One Of Its Partitions Did Not Show Up In The Explorer So I Researched And Found Out That It Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Hi,

I Have An External Hard Disk and For Some Reason One Of Its Partitions Did Not Show Up In The Explorer So I Researched And Found Out That It Was Because There Was No Letter Assigned To It.

I Opened Up Disk Management And Tried To Assign A Letter To It But There was An Error Saying......

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management 4dfb1042-b204-4ba6-81bd-7faf292c4c5d?upload=true.png

I Tried Other Software Like MiniTool Partition Wizard But That Didn't Help As well

I Thought That I Would Recover My Data From The inaccessible Partition And Then Format The Partition But The Software That I Was Using Only Allowed Me To Scan The Files whenever I Tried To Save The Scanned Files Onto Another Drive It Asked For Money...!!

Plz Help...........!!!

:)

PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Apr 6, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 6, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Disk management console view is not up-to-date

Thanks but when I reach:

Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

I am unable to assign, I keep getting (Please select a Volume and try again)

My RAID array is DISK 1, and Partition 1 1192.09 Gb

$immond$, Apr 6, 2019
  4. mmo17 Win User

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Unable to assign/remove drive letters using disk-management

Prior to Win10/1803 it was possible to unhide hidden partitions (e.g. the system disks recovery partition) using Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Computer Management => Disk management => right-click on the partition and choosing "Assign or change
    a drive letter".

I just tried that today and all the right-click menu offered was an entry "Help" - which was of no help... Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management :(

I then started diskpart and was able to assign and remove drive letters to that partition (and other hidden ones) at will. Why is that functionality not properly working in disk-management anymore?

mmo17, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

1. Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management - Similar Threads - Unable Assign Letter

2. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...
  3. Disk manager disk partition with 3.77gb storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk manager disk partition with 3.77gb storage: Hello everyone. Please help . What is it? How can I delete it? I used different ways to get rid off from this but couldnot. I used diskpart command cleaned it, created new partition,deleted it formatted but could not remove from list. I can create from this partition,...
  4. Unable to create Hard disk partition

Unable to create Hard disk partition: I brought new laptop from store, genuine windows 10 already installed. when I tried to create new partition in C Drive by shrinking volume, window appears says available volume for shrink is zero. Disk is of 2TB and only 5% is occupied. help me to fix this issue. how can I...
  5. Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.: AFter adding a disk drive to my network, the drive is assigned number and letters after the disk name. Programs cannot find the disk and I cannot rename it....
  6. partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10: Dear microsoft , i installed norton partition magic 8 ,and it showed error in the disk and i applied the fix for it , after that my main partition disappeared from explorer , it stills exists in disk management but i can not assign a new letter for it ,-error disk...
  7. partitions in Macrium & Disk Management

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    partitions in Macrium & Disk Management: I've attached a photo showing my hard drive partitions from Macrium (after selecting "Create an image of the partitions required to backup and restore Windows") and also from Disk Management in Windows 10. 1) What is the 16MB Unformatted Primary partition in Macrium...
  8. Can't edit drive letter in disk manager

Can't edit drive letter in disk manager: I have a recovery partition on my laptop which is currently assigned drive letter E: I am continually getting notifications that the drive is full. The notifications are getting super annoying. I was going to unassign the drive letter so that I don't get the notifications....
  9. Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk: Hello everyone, A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS,...
  10. Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk

Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have an old 1Tb drive that used to be the boot (C) drive and also had partitions for two additional drives. I since replaced that 1Tb drive with an SSD and another 2Tb second internal drive. I've inserted the 1Tb in an external USB SATA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to assign the Drive Letter in Disk Management

2. partition wizard disassign letter after asign

3. unable to assign drive lettter to partition

4. assign disk letter as primary partition imaging,
  5. unable to assign letter windows 10 disk management,
  6. unable to assign drive letter to partition,
  7. disk 1 partition 1 unable to assign a drive letter windows 10,
  8. assign letter to partition XP,
  9. unable to assign a letter to a partition