Windows 10: Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive

Discus and support Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a Western Digital My Cloud drive...see picture. [img] After connecting it to my router the drive shows up on 'My Computer'...see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milton, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Milton Win User

Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive

I recently bought a Western Digital My Cloud drive...see picture.

Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive [​IMG]

After connecting it to my router the drive shows up on 'My Computer'...see screenshot.

Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive [​IMG]

I am able to enter the drive...i.e. look inside (it's completely empty as the previous owner deleted all his files)
    It seems I have to assign a letter to the drive before I can use it for my own files.
    I haven't a clue on how to go about assigning a letter to the drive, so I'm hoping someone on the forum can guide me through the process. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Milton, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Steve Iam Win User
    Western Digital 3TB drive for windows 10

Need to format a Western Digital 3TB drive for windows 10 unable to get rid of the 746.52 GB unallocated or expand it. Tried a lot of the archived letters, and still get the

same unable to enlarge or delete it ?

Been doing this for about 4hours, getting tired..

Steve

Steve Iam, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Assign drive letter to WM phone

Hey all.

So I've got an HTC Touch Dual. It's a pretty good phone, running WM 6, and I've bouch a 4GB microSD card. When I connect the phone to the computer the WM Device Center pops up.

Now what I need to do is basicly assign the phone a drive letter. Some PDA programs I want to install (from a CD) need that, and in WinXP it had a drive letter, but in Win7 the phone just shows as a "HTC Touch Dual". Wich means I cannot install that program to it, because I need a drive letter.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks for looking! *Smile Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive :)

EDIT: Oh, and copy the files directly to the phone doesnt work, there are no install files for the PDA itself.

Frick, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive - Similar Threads - Unable assign letter

2. Unable to assign a drive letter to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to assign a drive letter to an external drive.: I'm Using Windows 11. I have a few hard drives that I want to use in an external dock. for storage. I have one that shows up healthy and online in Disk Manager and it shows in Device Manager. No drive letter is assigned and Disk Manager won't let me assign one. It also does...
  3. Unable to assign a drive letter to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to assign a drive letter to an external drive.: I'm Using Windows 11. I have a few hard drives that I want to use in an external dock. for storage. I have one that shows up healthy and online in Disk Manager and it shows in Device Manager. No drive letter is assigned and Disk Manager won't let me assign one. It also does...
  4. Assigning Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning Drive Letter: I am trying to assign a particular letter to one of my hard drives. None of my other drives are assigned that letter, but it is not listed in the choices. Is there something I can do?...
  5. Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to assign letter to Western Digital My Cloud drive: I recently bought a Western Digital My Cloud drive...see picture. [img] After connecting it to my router the drive shows up on 'My Computer'...see screenshot. [img] I am able to enter the drive...i.e. look inside (it's completely empty) It seems I have to assign a letter...
  6. Assign a drive letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign a drive letter: When I plug an external hard drive to my PC (Windows 10) via the USB, the computer does not recognize it in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Disk Management to assign the drive a letter before I can see it in Windows Explorer. Is there an option in Windows 10 to...
  7. Change assigned drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Change assigned drive letters: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  8. Western Digital Drive no go

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  9. Unable to assign drive letters after Win10 Upgrade

Unable to assign drive letters after Win10 Upgrade: Hey everyone, This seems like a cool place with a lot of people that might be able to help me out. I tried the Windows 10 upgrade when it first came out and immediately went back to 8.1 when I couldn't get a single one of my internal SATA hard drives to mount.. I have...
  10. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unable to assign drive letter