Windows 10: Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

Discus and support Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Let me explain detail my problem following- I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phyo Wai Win, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

Let me explain detail my problem following-

I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell application as default console app but I can't set my xshell app into choose default app by protocol about URL: Telnet, URL: ssh in my windows 10 setting. Please see the below photo. How can I fix this problem please advice to me. how to make xshell default telnet handler in windows 10. I already find others solution for this problem but I can't find any more please help me.

Thanks you,

Phyo Wai Win

<PII Removed by Moderator>

Yangon, Myanmar

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol 14c915fe-34d0-40d9-9414-a04204e551cc?upload=true.jpg

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol fc88f41f-c99d-41f2-9114-5b8435bf9b35?upload=true.jpg

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol 066df1f7-969c-4b14-a4cf-bee5a56cc5c0?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting" ***

:)

Phyo Wai Win, Jul 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

dalchina, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Telnet Server or Command Line Applications

No I am not sure, that is why I said I THINK someone posted about it.

Searching for telnet on this forum brings up 3 pages of results and I don't know exactly what i'm looking for.

It was just a suggestion.

psychomania---01, Jul 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, just considering what is shown in the Open With options, for example:

Here you can see Sumatra is my default reader.

Here you can see Sumatra and Chrome are added to the Open With list, + Edge, a system default.

The choice presented to you for .fdf, .pdfxml, .pdx for example, should depend on whether Bluebeam has correctly registered itself in the appropriate place as capable of handling those extensions.

So, for example, is Bluebeam shown in the Open With list for those extensions?

It is not enough that a program is installed that is potentially capable of handling a file type (e.g. via an Open dialogue) but that it be so registered. That is up to the author to specify.

Application Registration - Windows applications | Microsoft Docs

This opens in Sumatra, my default.

Unfortunately this option in the Control Panel now opens in Settings:

and does not allow you to do what it claims.

dalchina, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

1. Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol - Similar Threads - Unable assign XShell

2. Unable to telnet on 443 to slb.cynet.com saas site using telnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to telnet on 443 to slb.cynet.com saas site using telnet: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-telnet-on-443-to-slbcynetcom-saas-site/ec27821f-5621-4e41-9ab6-5a1ab7a47ab1
  3. Unable to telnet on 443 to slb.cynet.com saas site using telnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to telnet on 443 to slb.cynet.com saas site using telnet: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-telnet-on-443-to-slbcynetcom-saas-site/ec27821f-5621-4e41-9ab6-5a1ab7a47ab1
  4. LYNC15 and LYNC15CLASSIC URL Protocol

in Windows 10 Customization
    LYNC15 and LYNC15CLASSIC URL Protocol: Hi, I can't change the default application to open the LYNC15 and LYNC15Classic protocols, we need to use Microsoft Teams. System Windows 10 20H2 [ATTACH]...
  5. Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications: I used to use the NVIDIA Control Panel to assign Applications to either GPU0 or GPU1 but that seems to have stopped working. I soon discovered the "Graphics Performance Preference" section and noticed that it listed both my GPU0 RTX 2080 Ti as both the Power Saving and High...
  6. How to via telnet url start new windows terminal app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to via telnet url start new windows terminal app: How to via telnet url start new windows terminal app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-via-telnet-url-start-new-windows-terminal/c718d260-4de1-4ff3-b790-57d349bf6eca
  7. Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs: Hello, is it possible to communicate using Telnet Protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs Regards, Muthukumar Gopal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telnet-protocol-between-two-windows-10-pcs/ab5d2190-3b46-4e5d-a3be-421bcb025e74
  8. Assign individual app for individual .url files

Assign individual app for individual .url files: I'm starting to seriously question the intelligence of the people who design windows 10, but anyway. I've been doing some looking, and it seems you can't set an individual .url file to launch with an individual program. As far as I can tell, you can only set GLOBAL default...
  9. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

Assigning Application to Specific Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  10. Telnet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telnet: Hi All, I just signed up and this is my first post. My question is: since there is no telnet server in Windows 10 that would be the reason I can not Telnet in from my Centos VM Correct? I can Telnet into my CentosVM from my Windows VM but not vice versa, Thank You in...