Windows 10: Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive.

Discus and support Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. How to fix this issue ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kiran AK, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Kiran AK Win User

Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive.

Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. 56e1bfdf-f921-46d7-a8dd-a2d62d429e92?upload=true.jpg

Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. How to fix this issue ?

:)

Kiran AK, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 7, 2020
  3. CraigLong Win User
    Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

Go to the Backup tab in the OneDrive settings > Manage backup and stop the backup of the Desktop. It's not possible to uncheck the Desktop folder. Folders that you can uncheck in the OneDrive app are removed from your
    computer and remain only in the online OneDrive.

CraigLong, Dec 7, 2020
  4. kernrsn Win User

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. - Similar Threads - Unable backup Desktop

2. OneDrive Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Backup: Hello - I want to enable OneDrive to backup my core folders to OneDrive documents, photos, video, etc but one OneDrive I want them put into a specific location. For example my computer is an Alienware so I want to create a folder on OneDrive called Alienware, and have the...
  3. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  4. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  5. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  6. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  7. OneDrive Desktop backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Desktop backup: My new laptop has onedrive desktop backup activated. If I turn it off, will I be able to reuse it in the future or is this a one time decision? submitted by /u/wait-_what [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1dvzr/onedrive_desktop_backup/
  8. Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive: How can I keep the desktop from being backed up to OneDrive? [Original Title: OneDrive] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-desktop-backup-to-onedrive/a1ab5464-302d-44d3-8a4d-2a2f493458d0
  9. OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?: OneDrive has added a great feature - backing up my desktop items to the cloud. Only problem - I use two different copies of Windows - one at work and one at home. I *want* to keep separate copies of each desktop, but OD wants to mash 'em together in the cloud! Any...
  10. Backup and OneDrive

Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"