Windows 10: Unable to be Adminstrator on Win 10 Home.

Discus and support Unable to be Adminstrator on Win 10 Home. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a Windows update a few days ago, I was unable to log in to my main user account on my HP laptop running Windows 10 Home. I was able to log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimG_121, Jul 20, 2020.

1. JimG_121 Win User

Unable to be Adminstrator on Win 10 Home.

After a Windows update a few days ago, I was unable to log in to my main user account on my HP laptop running Windows 10 Home. I was able to log in to a second account I had set up when I got the machine, but had never used. I have spent a fair time on the Internet trying to find out a way of getting back on to my main user account, but with no luck. The main problem is that when I try to log on as an administrator, I get presented with a dialog box asking for a PIN. I had set up this second account with a password and a PIN but when I used this PIN, it was refused as being incorrect. I then removed the PIN from the account but when I tried again the dialogue box appeared looking for a PIN again. When I entered the PIN, it was refused.

The problem is that when I try any solutions to getting Administrator access on the machine following many suggestion on this forum and other places on the Internet, I hit the damned dialogue box looking for a PIN. I can't even reset Windows to start with a clean slate. :-

The folder for my main user account is still there in the Users folder but I cannot gain entry to it.

Jim.

:)

JimG_121, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Solutions Win User

Unable to Hide Built in Adminstrator Account (Version 1909.)

Thanks Brink *Smile

Yes, my user account I normally is also an administrator account.

No and you'll see how netplwiz looks in my user account; the only difference when using it in the administrator account in question is that that account is listed, too.
    Unable to be Adminstrator on Win 10 Home. [​IMG]

Solutions, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Solutions Win User
    Unable to Hide Built in Adminstrator Account (Version 1909.)

Thanks Bree. Now I've disabled it and the admin account login still appears at start up and I
    Unable to be Adminstrator on Win 10 Home. [​IMG]
    notice that the account status is "degraded"

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Brink. The account named "Administrator" is listed in netplwiz when I'm using that account.

Solutions, Jul 20, 2020
  4. RPaul888 Win User

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home?

I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903.

The 3 computers with Win 10 Pro can access the 2T Dynex HD hanging of a Netgear N900 Dual Ban Gigabit Router WNDR4500x2. The Toshiba can not.

The issue has something to do with the inability of the Toshiba (Win 10 Home) not being able to map to the 2T Dynex in Windows Explorer. The weblink that arises states the SBM1 communications software is obsolete and that SBM2 or SBM3 is required.

I have communicated with a local computer technician, who suggested upgrading to Windows 10 PRO for this machine because "there is better network support in Win 10 Pro".

Is there some reasonable "incremental price" that I could pay to upgrade the existing Win 10 HOME to PRO? Or, is there a sofware fix to eliminate my problem that would permit me to continue using Win 10 HOME?

Please suggestions & guidance on next steps will be much appreciated

Thank you very much.

Paul -

RPaul888, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to be Adminstrator on Win 10 Home. - Similar Threads - Unable Adminstrator Home

2. win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 home.: Shock. I cannot upgrade to win 11. I would like to upgrade to win pro. The free versions. Can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home/a75a596d-553d-4dea-879b-f433550813c4
  3. win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 home.: Shock. I cannot upgrade to win 11. I would like to upgrade to win pro. The free versions. Can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home/a75a596d-553d-4dea-879b-f433550813c4
  4. win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  6. Unable to log into adminstrator email account on laptop on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log into adminstrator email account on laptop on Windows 10: Hello,I needed to log onto my adminstrator account which is an outlook account after deleting an app. Its not taking the password I thought it was and when i click to verify it asks for my 4 digit pin. I put in what i thought it was then the only other 4 digit i use anywhere...
  7. win 10 home

win 10 home: after updating to win10 home 64 bit version 20h2 when i went to use clipboard history "win key -V" it stopped working. When I go to setting clip board it show "some of these setting are hidden or managed by your organizaton"in red and away to chane it ti on is grayed out....
  8. unable to upgrade to win 10 home to pro!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to upgrade to win 10 home to pro!!!: i need to activate win 10 pro in ALL IN ONE Lenovo pc. when i bought it this pc, already have win 10 home. but, i am trying to upgrade win 10 pro. but, couldn't activate!!!windows is looking purchasing key!!!but, i try with win 10 multi key.key is activated but not change to...
  9. unable to uninstall programs, adminstrator blocked

unable to uninstall programs, adminstrator blocked: I tried to uninstall some apps as I usually do but I get a dialogue box with a red header that says unwise.exe cannot uninstall because the administrator has blocked this. It is my personal computer and it says I am the administrator. Any suggestions?...
  10. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home: The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always finish as Windows Pro. The Activation Program has also advised that I have an electric product key. I don't know how to find it....