Windows 10: Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11

Discus and support Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I just attempted to upgrade to Windows 11 on my brand new PC i just built and now when I attempt to boot I get a black screen with the options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by River Olsen, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11

Hello, I just attempted to upgrade to Windows 11 on my brand new PC i just built and now when I attempt to boot I get a black screen with the options to boot windows 10 or 11, either selection leads to the PC crashing, rebooting and going back to the same screen. Everything was working fine prior to update.I went to advanced options, and hit "repair your computer" I've attempted to launch in safe mode, reset the PC, restore to my latest backup version, and uninstall any recent updates, but all of the above just leads to a bliue screen with the error WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error,, any suggestions?S

:)

River Olsen, Jun 2, 2023

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11

Windows 11 upgrade failed.

Thanks.

The BCD or the EFI boot partition's file system is corrupt. Rebuilding the EFI boot partition fixes this issue.

Please go through these links for more information:

If you need step-by-step assistance in this regard, boot into WinRE Command Prompt.

Then run:

• mountvol y: /s
    • bcdedit
    • diskpart
    • list vol
    For each command, photograph the screen and upload it to OneDrive.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11

1. Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable boot upgrading

2. Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello, I just attempted to upgrade to Windows 11 on my brand new PC i just built and now when I attempt to boot I get a black screen with the options to boot windows 10 or 11, either selection leads to the PC crashing, rebooting and going back to the same screen. Everything...
  3. Unable to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to windows 11: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but it's telling me my pc is not optimized. It brings me to the PC health app, which tells me "TPM 2.0 must be enabled and supported on this PC." I then went to the BIOS to enable the TPM, but it says "Firmware TPM" and the option is...
  4. Unable to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to windows 11: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but it's telling me my pc is not optimized. It brings me to the PC health app, which tells me "TPM 2.0 must be enabled and supported on this PC." I then went to the BIOS to enable the TPM, but it says "Firmware TPM" and the option is...
  5. Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu: I have a windows 11 and dual booted recently with lastest stable Ubuntu. To remove Ubuntu i used command "sudo rm -rf /" After this along with Ubuntu windows is not bootable.I reinstalled Ubuntu and do "fdsik -l" and I can see /dev/nvme0n1p1 contain EFI system n1p2 contain...
  6. Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu

Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu: I have a windows 11 and dual booted recently with lastest stable Ubuntu. To remove Ubuntu i used command "sudo rm -rf /" After this along with Ubuntu windows is not bootable.I reinstalled Ubuntu and do "fdsik -l" and I can see /dev/nvme0n1p1 contain EFI system n1p2 contain...
  7. Unable to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 11: I have 2 Windows 10 computer, older Surface and a new last 2 years power computer. Neither one will upgrade to Windows 11. Something to do with not having/supporting TMP 2.0. I've seen some YouTube videos about correcting the problem but I'm afraid to try to follow all the...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 11

Unable to upgrade to Windows 11: I have 2 Windows 10 computer, older Surface and a new last 2 years power computer. Neither one will upgrade to Windows 11. Something to do with not having/supporting TMP 2.0. I've seen some YouTube videos about correcting the problem but I'm afraid to try to follow all the...
  9. Unable to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to windows 11: How is it that my 3 year old computer with i7 cannot support Windows 11? It is by no means a cheap computer and it is ludicrous that it cannot support the next windows upgrade, will it support windows 11 eventually?...
  10. Unable to boot the computer after upgrading the BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot the computer after upgrading the BIOS: Hi I have a Lenovo z710 I upgraded my Bios with a modded bios, to unlock futures After several normal boots, to see it's working good I entered yesterday, Bios, and only enabled,, overclocking and 3-4 other disabled futures After, i tried to boot, I listened a big noise from...