Windows 10: Unable to Boot/Boot Loop

Discus and support Unable to Boot/Boot Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Sorry for the lengthy post as Im trying to give context as to what caused my issue. Ive encountered an issue trying to boot my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaymukBoleman, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Unable to Boot/Boot Loop

Hi there,

Sorry for the lengthy post as Im trying to give context as to what caused my issue.

Ive encountered an issue trying to boot my computer. I was playing around with ram clock speeds and had it working at 2666mhz, I went to swap it with another kit, task manager showed the speed of the new kit at 2400 so I set it to 2666 using gigabyte easy tune this kit was showing 2666 by default on my brothers PC.

When I started my PC the screen would stay black, then after a few seconds reboot, and be stuck in this boot loop, never making it to BIOS. I reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and putting it back in, then I was able to get into the BIOS and see the ram speeds back at 2400mhz.

When I try to boot now, I get stuck in the Auto Repair Loop. Ive had this issue before, so I tried my fix which was to plug in my windows install media USB, and boot from there.

This no longer works, It will show the windows logo for a split second, then display a blinking underscore at the top left of the screen, then reboot.

I’d also like to mention that sometimes when I boot my PC, It would turn off after a few seconds, Id flick my PSU off then on, and it starts like normal.

Thanks for any help, im happy to give more information as needed.

:)

JaymukBoleman, Dec 26, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Unable to Boot/Boot Loop

Boot loop

Hi Peza333,

Let's try to fix your issue. Please follow the steps below on how to perform a system restore when unable to boot or stuck on boot:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You may need to perform this up to
      3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup Recovery,
      Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore,
      and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Boot/Boot Loop

1. Unable to Boot/Boot Loop - Similar Threads - Unable Boot Boot

2. Boot Loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loop.: PC Name: HP Pavilion Product: P2-1105 Serial Number: MXU2010L5F Processor: Intel R Pentium R CPU G620T @ 2.20Ghz 4096 MB DDR3 1067 MHzI only got one monitor with no GPUTHE PC is probably 2010 ishwindows 10The monitor is A HP S2031The problem is that the when i turn on my pc...
  3. Boot loop

Boot loop: I am currently stuck in a boot loop, I've done the troubleshooting recommendations, but when I go to click command promotion it says to type in the user's password. I don't have a password, any help?...
  4. Boot loop

Boot loop: I’ve been told my computer is stuck in a boot loop. And the screen keeps blinking and I can keep it in long enough to do a crept alt det is there any other recommendations to fix this problem I’m on day two of this going on. Thanks George...
  5. Solved Unable to Boot/Boot Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solved Unable to Boot/Boot Loop: This issue was solved by updating the BIOS. Hi there, Sorry for the lengthy post as Im trying to give context as to what caused my issue. Ive encountered an issue trying to boot my computer. I was playing around with ram clock speeds and had it working at 2666mhz, I went...
  6. Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop: I searched half of the internet and had everything i couldn't fix that can be done on others computer but not mines because mines don't even have the file or every option doesn't work at all. I have tried everything and to the point of giving up, I've tried the recovery usb...
  7. BOOT LOOP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BOOT LOOP!: do you have any suggestions? it starts out as me trying to get adobe animate on my disk but it had too much space tooken, so i found unused usb drive, so i tried downloading adobe animate on the usb and somewhat fused my usb into my hard drive and my downloads was my main...
  8. Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Loop: I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a laptop that's been running fine, but yesterday, I noticed it was off (I usually have it running). When I tried turning it on, the screen comes up and says attempting automatic repairs, then the screen goes...
  9. Boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop: Hi everyone! After a factory reset, my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC is stuck in a boot loop - it shows the HP logo, a black screen, and then the cycle begins again. I can enter the BIOS with F2 and the "InsydeH2O Setup Utility" with F10, but I'm not sure what to do with...
  10. boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop: hi my win 10 pc is in a boot loop its at the preparing automatic repair screen. cant do anything. I boot from my repair disk and system restore/fix pc/etc etc. none of them work. any fix I can try without having to reinstall windows 96188