Windows 10: Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

Discus and support Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RishiPradhananga, May 20, 2019.

1. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

hello

I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker is preventing the boot device and if its so then how can i work this around and install new os in my device .

***Original title: Bitlocker issue***

:)

RishiPradhananga, May 20, 2019

2. Computer booting up slow and unable to add files to flash drive

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot
    and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

With regards to USB flash drive as its not working with different computers as well, you may need to get in touch with the USB flash drive manufacturer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 20, 2019
  3. panchoman Win User
    Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, May 20, 2019
  4. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

1. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Unable boot computer

2. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  3. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  4. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Boot to Flash Drive

Unable to Boot to Flash Drive: So far I've tried to boot form a flash drive created by 2 different 3rd party imaging software programs.The BIOS boot order is fine.After restarting I see no 'Press any key to boot to whatever drive...At first I thought it was the program but since neither booted to the flash...
  6. Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!: Hi, I had a 5GB file which I wanted to copy in my flash drive. But my drive was formatted in FAT32 system, so I tried to format it as NTFS. But from then it shows that Windows was unable to complete the format. I tried formatting using different computers and even...
  7. Unable to boot without flash drive

Unable to boot without flash drive: I have install window 10 pro 64 bit through flash drive and now without the flash drive window doesn't boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-boot-without-flash-drive/76912778-d715-4e69-95ad-2d5c5d164c33
  8. Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?: I have a (new) Acer Swift notebook which does not allow to switch/enable Legacy BIOS mode. So I can only disable "Secure Boot" and use UEFI. However my bootable, GPT and NTFS formatted USB flash drive is NOT recognized or even bootable. It works on other computers. I read...
  9. Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from USB flash drive only with FAT32 and no multi-boot support?: I have a (new) Acer Swift notebook which does not allow to switch/enable Legacy BIOS mode. So I can only disable "Secure Boot" and use UEFI. However my bootable, GPT and NTFS formatted USB flash drive is NOT recognized or even bootable. It works on other computers. I read...
  10. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...