Windows 10: Unable to boot computer having RAID configuration after update

Discus and support Unable to boot computer having RAID configuration after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GillBentley, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Unable to boot computer having RAID configuration after update

I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays.

Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again.

The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know so that I can go home with it from my office. I will also require the steps to make the OS see the driver on boot-up.

Thank you!

***Modified title from: Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID ***

:)

GillBentley, Jan 5, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Unable to boot computer having RAID configuration after update

Loading RAID card on boot

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience in not being able to boot into the independent BIOS type setup screen for your RAID controller, when the system is started.

The system may require the boot option to be configured, this is the reason the system is directly booting into Windows. I would suggest you to check this link by your system manufacturer ‘Dell’ on ‘How
    to Configure Raid on a Dell Desktop PC
    ’ and see if it helps.

As the issue is related to the RAID controller, if the issue persists, it would be more appropriate to be posted in IT Pro
    TechNet’ forums, where we have support professionals who are well
    equipped with this knowledge.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to boot computer having RAID configuration after update

1. Unable to boot computer having RAID configuration after update - Similar Threads - Unable boot computer

2. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.: I'm unable to enable WindowsRE, could someone help me solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reagentcexe-unable-to-update-boot-configuration/68527e45-b502-458b-a5f3-54eaf117cd12
  3. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.: I'm unable to enable WindowsRE, could someone help me solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reagentcexe-unable-to-update-boot-configuration/68527e45-b502-458b-a5f3-54eaf117cd12
  4. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows 10 x64 on an HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF pc with a bootable usb drive made with rufus on a UEFI pc. After getting though all of the options it eventually halts and displays the error message [Windows could not update the computer’s...
  6. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows 10 x64 on an HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF pc with a bootable usb drive made with rufus on a UEFI pc. After getting though all of the options it eventually halts and displays the error message [Windows could not update the computer’s...
  7. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.: I am unable to enable WindowsRE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reagentcexe-unable-to-update-boot-configuration/62a9abc1-eae4-415b-a6d3-b1a9a5d2271f
  8. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.: I am unable to enable WindowsRE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reagentcexe-unable-to-update-boot-configuration/62a9abc1-eae4-415b-a6d3-b1a9a5d2271f
  9. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration: A week ago I reset my PC using the option in the Settings app and when it finished my Windows wasn't booting. I created a installation media using the media creation tool but at the end of the installation, a message appears saying "Windows could not update the computer's...
  10. unable to update boot configuration data

unable to update boot configuration data: Hey, microsoft Well I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop with windows 10 already installed and activated. I was happy with my laptop. one day my laptop was acting kinda weird so i decided to reset my laptop. once i went to settings/update and security/recovery and I hit get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when booting up computer how to check raid configure