Windows 10: Unable to boot from Kyhi's boot USB

Discus and support Unable to boot from Kyhi's boot USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some time ago I created a number of bootable USB drives for diagnostic, recovery, etc. purposes. These include Kyhi, Hiren, Macrium. Wanted to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tpriest, Jun 24, 2020.

1. tpriest Win User

Unable to boot from Kyhi's boot USB

Some time ago I created a number of bootable USB drives for diagnostic, recovery, etc. purposes. These include Kyhi, Hiren, Macrium.

Wanted to run Memtest86+ so tried to boot from Kyhi, nothing, the USB drive just sat there with the LED gently pulsing away for 10 minutes until I gave up. Tried Hiren, worked immediately.

Thought perhaps the Kyhi had got corrupted so recreated it. Still no joy.

Reformatted the USB drive and recreated. Still no joy.

Got a brand new USB stick and tried with that. Still no joy.

I created the drive with Rufus 3.1 and am wondering if I have the options wrong.

I took the defaults. These were:
    use an ISO image: winpese-x64-14393_17.01.16.iso
    Partition scheme: GPT - the alternative was MBR
    Target system: UEFI (non CSM) - no alternative listed
    File system: FAT32
    Cluster size: 8192 bytes

Is there any way of determining whether these are correct, such as looking at, say, the Hiren's drive and seeing how that is set up?

I wonder whether I should have used MBR. I notice if I select MBR the Target system changes to BIOS (or UEFI-CSM)

Thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

tpriest, Jun 24, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 24, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

When using the Kyhi boot if the Intel RST acceleration can be disabled the 750 GB drive in RAID 0 can then be moved to any computer and the files read.

Intel was contacted regarding the Intel RST and they indicated that the Intel RST is a HP driver.
    HP was contacted regarding the failure to install the driver(s) and they indicated that they troubleshoot hardware and not software.

When using Kyhi boot rescue does the classification as to whether it is software or a driver impact the ability to install?

Are there any other steps to get the software or drive installed when using Kyhi boot rescue?

There was an error log for the Intel RST.
    Amazingly there was no troubleshooting support of the log available at Intel or HP.

SIW2 the steps that were listed in the post #6 I was not able to interpret.
    Please use alternative words and steps so that they can be followed by a beginner.

zbook, Jun 24, 2020
  4. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to boot from Kyhi's boot USB - Similar Threads - Unable boot Kyhi's

2. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot from USB: Hello! I am attempting to help a friend with his Hp 15-dw0037wm notebook. In an attempt to try a clean install of Windows 10 I am unable to boot from the USB. It appears in the Boot Menu and when I select it I get and endless HP logo with spinning dots. I was however able to...
  3. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot from USB: Hello! I am attempting to help a friend with his Hp 15-dw0037wm notebook. In an attempt to try a clean install of Windows 10 I am unable to boot from the USB. It appears in the Boot Menu and when I select it I get and endless HP logo with spinning dots. I was however able to...
  4. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot from USB: Hello. Right now I have ZorinOS linux on my SSD. I'm trying to remove it and install clean version of Windows 10. I made several bootable USBs via Rufus on other Windows, Etcher and WoeUSB . In BIOS, I have set up everything properly. My boot priorities are right and...
  6. Unable to boot from usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from usb.: Hello! i am using a dell inspiron 3195. the windows instalation broke. i am now using ubuntu. i created a vm in virtualbox to create a recovery usb. i booted from the usb. it just bootloops. plaease help....
  7. Unable to Boot To USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Boot To USB: submitted by /u/ag_vick07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iw4mj0/unable_to_boot_to_usb/
  8. Unable to Boot From USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot From USB: Yesterday I created a USB boot by copying Windows 10 1903 ISO to my usb and then used the media creator to create a boot/setup disk. In trying to boot to the USB via the boot menu, I get nothing but a black screen. I waited once for 10 mts. and tied again with the same...
  9. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  10. Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB: I tried to restart my 'backup' PC , after a couple of weeks off , and got a message saying "The PC has run into a problem and we will restart it" It then says Preparing Automatic Repair before setting off into a repeat cycle, i tried to boot from a USB Recovery and a DVD with...