Windows 10: Unable to boot from USB to reinstall Windows on Acer aspire Z1-611

Discus and support Unable to boot from USB to reinstall Windows on Acer aspire Z1-611 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have an Acer Aspire Z1-611 all-in-one with Windows 10 that is unable to load into Windows normally. The furthest I have been able to get is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacHarvey, Aug 6, 2020.

1. ZacHarvey Win User

Unable to boot from USB to reinstall Windows on Acer aspire Z1-611

Hello

I have an Acer Aspire Z1-611 all-in-one with Windows 10 that is unable to load into Windows normally. The furthest I have been able to get is when logging in, it says there are some updates it's going to instal but after some time comes up with an error see attached image and after clicking OK goes to the normal desktop but without anything there and nothing is clickable.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but I'm assuming it's corrupted somehow, perhaps it was turned off during an update or something. Anyway, I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 so I created a bootable USB which I have checked is working on another PC but when I try to boot from it on the Acer it won't recognise the drive.

I have tried variations of different USB ports, disabling secure boot, enabling CSM and switching to Legacy, all without success.

Any suggestions on another way to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to completely format the HDD if necessary.

Unable to boot from USB to reinstall Windows on Acer aspire Z1-611 97fdf532-d7cf-48e7-b271-661bb84020f5?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

:)

ZacHarvey, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Acer Aspire 5560 not upgrading to windows 10

That Error Code seems to be most frequently associated with/pointing to incompatible Drivers. The Acer Aspire 5560 Model is only listed on the Acer Site under 'Legacy Hardware' as far as I can tell, which suggests they may not be too interested in providing
    further firmware/driver updates, but you could try asking on their Forums. According to this site ( Acer Aspire 5560, 5560G Notebook Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Notebook Drivers ) the last updates were released in 2012!

Erdeslawe, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Acer PC won't boot from USB

I attempted to install another operating system onto another partition on my second PC. I've done all the steps correctly, after asking a question from another post.

When I hit F12 and chose to boot from USB, it just showed a black screen.

I went ahead to disable secure boot, but the option wasn't there. It wasn't anywhere. I noticed at the top it stated the BIOS was called "CMOS Setup Utility - Copyright (C) 1985-2010". It wasn't the same as the other devices I've tried.

I also changed the boot configuration, to boot from USB first. That also didn't work.

Then I thought the USB drive wasn't configured properly (it happened before on another PC). I reinstalled the ISO file into the USB using Rufus and ejected it properly. Still didn't work.

Any solutions to this problem? Or will I not be able to add another operating system? Is there a way to secure boot anyway?

PC: Acer Aspire AX3950-UR30P

Version: Windows 10 Home (Originally Windows 7 Home Premium)

CPU: Intel Core i3-540

RAM: 4.00 GB

derpression, Aug 6, 2020
  4. JeanNW Win User

Wifi erased from acer z1-611 on windows 10 update

Hi Dave, itsan Acer Aspire Z1.611 personal computer

JeanNW, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to boot from USB to reinstall Windows on Acer aspire Z1-611 - Similar Threads - Unable boot USB

2. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 3 will not boot: Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset ,...
  3. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 3 will not boot: Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset ,...
  4. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  6. Acer Aspire 3 does not boot from USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire 3 does not boot from USB flash drive?: Hello, I'm supposed to do home office on my Acer Aspire 3 (8 GB RAM, Win 10, Intel i5 CPU, NVIDIA 2 GB GPU) For this purpose I received a bootable USB stick, from which I should quasi start. The Acer has UEFI with a MS-DOS-like user interface. F12 Boot is enabled, it...
  7. Can't get Acer Aspire E15 to boot from usb or external hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get Acer Aspire E15 to boot from usb or external hdd: Hello, My wife's Acer Aspire E15 (model N15Q1) bit the dust a few days ago. The screen was black, the mouse pointer is visible and I can move it, but can't actually do anything. Pressing the Windows key doesn't bring up the Start menu. Alt-Ctrl-Del brings up the screen to...
  8. Acer Aspire R3-131T can't see USB-Boot-Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire R3-131T can't see USB-Boot-Media: Hello! My wife since 2016 has an Acer Aspire R3-131T netbook, 500Gb HDD, 4GB RAM. It became very slow with time, especially at boot. My wife get nervous, beats the buttons, but it certainly does not add speed. She does not want a new computer, so I decided to upgrade the RAM...
  9. acer aspire desktop boot failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    acer aspire desktop boot failure: hi i loaded windows 10 pro and since had boot problems worst scenario only black screen, or shows acer logo then stops or goes to load windows then goes to black screen best way to overcome unplug pc leave replug and boot if i manage to boot up and use pc and close down...
  10. Acer Aspire E13 BIOS & Won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire E13 BIOS & Won't boot from USB: I have an ACER es13 (Model ES1-332-C4H1) I have tried to do a reset but if fails saying "There was a problem resetting PC" So I created a bootable USB win 10 64 - I can't get it to boot from this - I put USB HDD & usb FDD as 1 & 2 in the boot order - but still nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer aspire Z1-601 bios screen showing

2. Acer z1 611 bios recovery