Windows 10: Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

Discus and support Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wheelie1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. wheelie1 Win User

Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having problems with Edge so I decided to do a complete restore from the settings which it didn't complete and said there was a problem restoring. I then tried a restart which got as far as the HP screen but failed to load from the hard drive and there was no usual beep. I used the HP diagnostic tool which showed BOIME 1 failure against the memory. The failed memory was 2 x 2GB. I have tried replacing the memory, although I did have only 2 x 1GB but this did pass on the diagnostics test however its still failing to boot. I have access to another win 10 PC however the failed PC is 64 bit system and the running PC is 32 bit so guessing I won't be able to create a recovery disk. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

wheelie1, Aug 17, 2015
  2. rye3142 Win User

How do remove Windows 10 after a clean install?

I can boot to the bios and change the drive. Win 10 accesses the CD but seems to ignore it and continues to boot Win 10 from the hard drive.

rye3142, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Unable to boot from a hard drive/ solid state drive

You have two options:

• Change the BIOS boot mode to "Legacy" instead of UEFI (simple).
    • Create the required UEFI folder (not so simple)

Frederik Long, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

1. Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive - Similar Threads - Unable boot hard

2. Unable to Boot From USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot From USB: Yesterday I created a USB boot by copying Windows 10 1903 ISO to my usb and then used the media creator to create a boot/setup disk. In trying to boot to the USB via the boot menu, I get nothing but a black screen. I waited once for 10 mts. and tied again with the same...
  3. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  4. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  5. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...
  6. Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive: I'm upgrading my brothers PC from a decently bad OEM computer, but as recompense, I'm taking his 1 tb drive, and I want to transfer everything to a 320gb drive. However, the windows 10 on his computer is from the free upgrade promotion a while back, the computer originally...
  7. Booting from USB Drive

Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...
  8. Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive: Hi, the other day I was greeted with blue screen that "a required device is not connected" and the PC wont boot. I tried EasyBCD but it did not work and stuck on some ATA error loop. But after that I got a new blue screen and this time "The Boot Configuration Data file...
  9. Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?

Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?: Hi all, first post, so hoping I'm in the right place :/ ... I'm literally pulling what hair I have left out with this, normally this is a routine task for me, but I'm well and truly stumped, so thought I'd ask a Windows 10 community ... I have Windows 10 Education x64,...
  10. Determine OS Version from hard drive files - not booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Determine OS Version from hard drive files - not booting: Often, when I'm repairing a computer, I need to know what OS was running on one that won't boot. However, I can boot using a live CD and examine the files. Maybe a Linux live CD. So, now that I can see the files, where does one look in order to know what the Windows OS...