Windows 10: Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

Discus and support Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wheelie1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. wheelie1 Win User

Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having problems with Edge so I decided to do a complete restore from the settings which it didn't complete and said there was a problem restoring. I then tried a restart which got as far as the HP screen but failed to load from the hard drive and there was no usual beep. I used the HP diagnostic tool which showed BOIME 1 failure against the memory. The failed memory was 2 x 2GB. I have tried replacing the memory, although I did have only 2 x 1GB but this did pass on the diagnostics test however its still failing to boot. I have access to another win 10 PC however the failed PC is 64 bit system and the running PC is 32 bit so guessing I won't be able to create a recovery disk. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

wheelie1, Aug 17, 2015
  2. rye3142 Win User

How do remove Windows 10 after a clean install?

I can boot to the bios and change the drive. Win 10 accesses the CD but seems to ignore it and continues to boot Win 10 from the hard drive.

rye3142, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Unable to boot from a hard drive/ solid state drive

You have two options:

• Change the BIOS boot mode to "Legacy" instead of UEFI (simple).
    • Create the required UEFI folder (not so simple)

Frederik Long, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

1. Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive - Similar Threads - Unable boot hard

2. Win 10: Hard Drive Failure - Boots from SSD. If either of the mirrored harddrives is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10: Hard Drive Failure - Boots from SSD. If either of the mirrored harddrives is...: As the title states. I have a PC with three drives, an SSD which I use to boot, and two 4tb harddrives that are mirrored. Recently, I had some issues booting and found that unplugging one or both of these harddrives solved the issue it didn't matter which one I unplugged.I...
  3. Win 10: Hard Drive Failure - Boots from SSD. If either of the mirrored harddrives is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10: Hard Drive Failure - Boots from SSD. If either of the mirrored harddrives is...: As the title states. I have a PC with three drives, an SSD which I use to boot, and two 4tb harddrives that are mirrored. Recently, I had some issues booting and found that unplugging one or both of these harddrives solved the issue it didn't matter which one I unplugged.I...
  4. Win 10: Hard Drive Failure - Boots from SSD. If either of the mirrored harddrives is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to boot from C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from C drive: This is a 5 yr old custom built machine by Digital Storm. Specs as follows: AMD-FX-6300, 6 cores; MSI MB-970A-G43 Plus; 32 GB DDR3 /RAM; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti; Windows 10 Home, v 2004. This is my brother's machine which I do most of the upkeep on. The other day I put 2...
  6. after cloning a hard drive, both drives are now unable to be booted from

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after cloning a hard drive, both drives are now unable to be booted from: when trying to boot from either drive, both claim there is no operating system despite there obviously being one. when I try to install a fresh copy of windows, the installer tells me that I need to use a gpt partition. when using a gpt partition the installer claims it...
  7. Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change

Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change: I have a laptop which has preinstalled win 7 on it. I upgraded to win 10 via free upgrade program and now want to change my hard drive. Question is will i be able to go back to win 10? and other one is howa can I create bootable usb flash disk if I can't download win7 iso...
  8. Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive: Hi, Yesterday I did clean reinstall of windows 10 after exepriencing issues while trying to install dual operating systems. The installation completed successfully but there is a strange thing I noticed. When I turn on the computer the motherboard splash screen stays on and...
  9. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  10. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574