Windows 10: Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

Discus and support Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Everyone I've recently tried installing windows 10 on my machine and run into a problem.So far im unable to get passed the windows boot screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hittingbeta, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

Hey Everyone

I've recently tried installing windows 10 on my machine and run into a problem.So far im unable to get passed the windows boot screen with the spinning circle getting stuck or none at all.But when I either remove my gpu(980ti) from the system or boot into safe mode it works flawlessly. I have ruled out the possibilities that its a driver issue because its a total clean install,or a psu issue as I've been running the computer for over a year with the setup (850 psu )

If anyone has any input that would be awesome, Thanks again

:)

hittingbeta, Nov 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 Fall creators slow boot up and black screen ?

Hello , the video card is 12 months old -- NEW, AMD comes out with new drivers every 10 days , if not sooner , have the newest drivers installed at each clean install , just did the latest ( clean install ) today

and boot up time has changed , almost to 30 sec with black screen at first , should be better .

turned off GPU that is in the CPU , at first boot up was getting two GPU units starting up ?? HINT HINT.

Not sure a computer goes for a normal setup --- and one update puts in left field -- way way out .

Earl

Earltillman, Nov 6, 2016
  3. chnwmram Win User
    unable to download any windows store apps

did boot the Computer in clean boot mode and tried to install new app

still unable to install any app

chnwmram, Nov 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

What I would try - boot the computer into Windows 10 with the GPU removed. Change the display adapter driver for the built-in GPU to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Let the computer reboot again with the GPU removed and the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver installed. Then shutdown completely by holding down the shift key when you click the Shutdown option. Then install the GPU and try booting up. Don't forget to connect the monitor to the GPU card when you install it.

NavyLCDR, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Thanks NavyLCDR, I tried exactly that. Finally I was able to get the Intel driver from stop reinstalling on reboot by going into the driver store or something like that.But now I have another problem.Even though I've disabled windows from automatically installing drivers.After about 3 hours(just happened) the Intel driver must have installed so my whole system froze and then on reboot just a black screen with all the peripherals turned off suddenly.Almost wanting to just smash it and buy a Skylake *chuckle but Kaby lakes right around the corner.

hittingbeta, Nov 7, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you tried setting the below option to No?

Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2016
  7. Saltgrass Win User
    Did you try disconnecting the network while installing?

I have a system with the Intel and GTX cards, no Ti version, and those drivers seem to work fine. It should first load a Microsoft Basic driver and then update that later. If you are running multiple displays, you may want to use just one during the install.

Saltgrass, Nov 7, 2016
  8. Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

I've tried setting the driver to not autocratically install but for some reason they still do. I've also done reg edits that should have been able to disable the automatic installation but it still is installing.So maybe somethings not blocking the automatic installtions. Also I didn't unplug my network while installing.Id happily reinstall windows again but I feel as soon as I'm on the desktop with it plugged back in, The exact same issue is going to happen again. Thanks again guys

hittingbeta, Nov 8, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Most BIOS / UEFI firmwares have settings that either disable on board graphics or set an order of precedence of graphics cards (like a boot order). Have you checked to see if you can disable on board graphics or set the add-on GPU as the priority?

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2016
  10. Yep that was the one of the first things I did.This motherboard only lets you set the priority between auto or Igpu or Dedigpu .So setting it to Dedigpu still doesn't work.I was able to get the intel graphics driver to stop installing through a group policy which worked great.Except I was getting 13 fps in games that I usually get 120+ in.Feeling like my hardware is not cut out for 10 lol

Heres an image I found on google for it.

The multi monitor setting is disabled as well

Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed [​IMG]

hittingbeta, Nov 8, 2016
  11. Saltgrass Win User
    You are aware what the iGPU multi-monitor does? Since that usually has both Display adapters functioning you might try disabling that unless that is what you mean in the prior post. What output do you have the video connected to, hopefully the GTX card.

Does the Lucid Virtual option require additional software? I have never used it.

Saltgrass, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

1. Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed - Similar Threads - Unable boot Clean

2. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  3. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  4. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows10 clean install stuck in boot loop and now unable to clean install again as HD not...

Windows10 clean install stuck in boot loop and now unable to clean install again as HD not...: Hello group, i hope i might find some answers. Have been struggling to get my personal laptop working from past 2 days. Issue started after the latest Windows 10 update. 1. Login was damn slow and black flickering desktop with no access to task manager 2. Same in safe...
  6. Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10: Hello, I have a lenovo Ideopad 320 and I created an installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10. I cannot get my laptop to boot from the USB, is there any keys I have to press when I turn the power on? I need help as soon as possible please. We need to...
  7. Unable to clean install windows 10?

Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  8. BSOD/Unable to clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD/Unable to clean install: Hi there, I bought a PC about 4 months ago, all has been working smoothly until about 4 days ago, I got a BSOD. Restarted the PC and went to boot it to repair it using the BIOS. On restoring the PC (wiping everything, didn't have many files that needed keeping) it froze on...
  9. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unable to boot after Clean Installation: I did a windows 10 clean install on my used Asus d550ma. It no longer boots or start up to windows. 1st it showed PC unable to reset and repeatedly did an automatic repair and diagnose which failed each time. So I tried using the options in the advanced recovery method after...
  10. Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?

Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?: Hi all, first post, so hoping I'm in the right place :/ ... I'm literally pulling what hair I have left out with this, normally this is a routine task for me, but I'm well and truly stumped, so thought I'd ask a Windows 10 community ... I have Windows 10 Education x64,...