Windows 10: Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu

Discus and support Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Binarus, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Binarus Win User

Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu

Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work.

When i tried to load into the UEFI menu, with Settings->Update and Security-Recovery-Advanced Start-up-Restart Now and then proceeding to click on UEFI Firmware settings and then restart, my computer starts to restart normally, but then it never loads into the UEFI Menu, it just stays on a black screen forever.

I have to force shutdown my computer and boot normally to get my computer working again.

My mother board is an ASUS H97M-E

:)

Binarus, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Jul 28, 2019
  3. CountMike Win User
    UEFI Boot Menu

If it finds UEFI partition BIOS should show it as Windows UEFI..... otherwise will just show disk as what it's firmware describes it.

CountMike, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Alicia Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I am really interested in this. I could not install Linux and I don't know why. Was it so simple to install it? The linux I want to install is elementary OS, but I can install other one. How can I do it? Thanks!

Alicia, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu - Similar Threads - Unable Boot UEFI

2. Unable to UEFI boot - looking for help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to UEFI boot - looking for help!: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  3. Unable to UEFI boot - looking for help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to UEFI boot - looking for help!: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  4. Unable to boot into UEFI windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into UEFI windows installation.: I have an unusual setup.I have one SSSD drive connected via SATA, Patriot Burst, 128GB.Data drive TOSHIBA HDWE140 4GB classic disk.Now I had a bit strange setup running my windows 11 pro installation. I am a Linux guy and have SSD with just one EFI system partition and one...
  5. Unable to boot into UEFI windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into UEFI windows installation.: I have an unusual setup.I have one SSSD drive connected via SATA, Patriot Burst, 128GB.Data drive TOSHIBA HDWE140 4GB classic disk.Now I had a bit strange setup running my windows 11 pro installation. I am a Linux guy and have SSD with just one EFI system partition and one...
  6. Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI: * [Full discloser] I know this is a Microsoft forum, but this also involves Linux so any help is appreciated. So I thought it'd be a fun idea to dual-boot Linux Lite alongside my Windows 10 pro partition. It Started off fine, but I noticed when I restarted to go back to...
  7. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  8. Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu: Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work. When i tried to load into the UEFI menu, with Settings->Update and Security->Recovery->Advanced Start-up->Restart Now and...
  9. UEFI Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI Boot Menu: I went into my UEFI boot menu yesterday to try to boot to a USB drive and noticed the kanji-looking characters in the screen shot provided. I couldn't use the up/down arrow keys to select a different boot device. The tab key would take me to the "Enter Setup" and "Boot...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...