Windows 10: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a power failure

Discus and support Unable to boot into windows 10 after a power failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Last night, the battery drained out and the laptop switched off automatically. As i was tired, did not bother to plug it immediately. Next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SrividyaChandu, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Unable to boot into windows 10 after a power failure

Hi,

Last night, the battery drained out and the laptop switched off automatically. As i was tired, did not bother to plug it immediately.

Next day morning, I was not able to boot my windows 10 machine. I get

Preparing Automatic Repair

Diagnosing your PC

Later, a blue screen saying "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC"

Used Advanced Options as restart didn't work --> Troubleshoot --> Advanced Options --> StartUp Repair --> No Luck Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

For Using Other Advanced Options --> Unable to login into my windows account with the last used password I generally use the Windows PIN

Windows Account Password is incorrect is the error message.

I am not a tech savy and this error is annoying me. My children use laptop for their schooling and due to this error, I am not able to provide device for their school.

Request you to please assist help us immediately.

Note: Suggest if there is way to retrieve my 2 folders less than 200 MB on the D drive Windows is installed on C drive. If this can be achieved, then I can reinstall the windows.

:)

SrividyaChandu, Jan 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to boot after power failure

After a recent power failure, windows 10 failed to boot. It tried to Automatic repair but failed

and show the Advance options --> troubleshoot.

In that menu I tried with Startup Repair even though it fails to repair windows.

please suggest me how can I solve this issue of Windows.

Akash Narhe, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Unable to boot into windows 10 after a power failure

windows 10 failure boot up

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to boot the computer after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer (except the mouse, keyboard and the recovery media) and check.

If you doesn't have a recovery media then you can create USB recovery drive from a working Windows 8 computer from the following link or contact your computer manufacturer for the recovery disc.

Create a USB recovery drive:

Create a USB recovery drive

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to fix the Windows 8 boot issue:

• Boot from the recovery media.

• Click on Repair your computer.

• Click on Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options.

• Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • Bootrec /fixmbr
    • Bootrec /fixboot
    • Bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

6. Check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool and check if it helps:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to boot into windows 10 after a power failure

1. Unable to boot into windows 10 after a power failure - Similar Threads - Unable boot power

2. Windows keep booting in Recovery mode after power failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep booting in Recovery mode after power failure.: Hi experts,I am simulating power failure on my PC and the PC kept booting in recovery mode after auto startup. It booted up smoothly after I click 'Restart my PC' button in the recovery page.Tried using some fix from internet like scandsk and chkdsk yet the screen still...
  3. Windows keep booting in Recovery mode after power failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep booting in Recovery mode after power failure.: Hi experts,I am simulating power failure on my PC and the PC kept booting in recovery mode after auto startup. It booted up smoothly after I click 'Restart my PC' button in the recovery page.Tried using some fix from internet like scandsk and chkdsk yet the screen still...
  4. Windows keep booting in Recovery mode after power failure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 and Power Failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Power Failures: Is it just me, or is Windows 10 much less resilient when it comes to power outages? I remember back in the day when the power at the office would go out and when it came back on, the PCs just booted up. These days, I have to reinstall the OS on multiple machines after a...
  6. Windows 10 fails to load in Secure boot mode after power Failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to load in Secure boot mode after power Failure.: Windows 10 fails to load in Secure boot mode after power Failure, but if I change boot mode to Legacy boot mode it is loading ,How to resolve this issue ?...
  7. Windows 10 fails to boot after power failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to boot after power failure: After a recent power failure, windows 10 failed to boot. It tried to Automatic repair but failed and show the Advance options --> troubleshoot. In that menu I tried with Startup Repair even though it fails to repair windows. please suggest me how can I solve this issue of...
  8. Power failure Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power failure Windows 10: Hello, please help me. My problem is accidentally run out of power while installing upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have successfully installed Windows 10 through a bootable drive created with the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. The problem is, I cannot activate...
  9. Windows 10 will not start after power failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not start after power failure: Been running Windows 10 Upgrade for about 1 week now. Everything was working great until a power failure this afternoon. Turned PC back on and got this message " Computer did not shut down correctly" then this message "Preparing automatic repair" then " Diagnosing your PC"...
  10. Unable to boot after power outages

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot after power outages: Sorry my first post is to ask for help, but I'm having severe problems, I'm not familiar with Win 10, and I need help. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. this morning, while I was out, my wife advise we had a bunch of power outages (10 or 12, in about 2 minutes)....