Windows 10: Unable to boot into windows properly

Discus and support Unable to boot into windows properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was having an issue earlier in the day where my taskbar would remain in view while using programs in full screen, after trying a few troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zooweemama4206969, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Unable to boot into windows properly

I was having an issue earlier in the day where my taskbar would remain in view while using programs in full screen, after trying a few troubleshooting methods I decided to reboot my PC. It will boot into the sign in page, however it takes an uncharacteristically long time to complete sign in. When it does, my desktop background image will briefly appear, then goes to black as the taskbar flickers in and out rapidly. I cannot access the start menu, I am able to ctl+alt+del into task manager but the taskbar continues to flicker. I have tried booting into WinRE via the sign in page (holding shift and selecting power+restart), however after going through the restart it remains on a black screen. Rebooting the computer using several hard resets will show the PC attempting to boot into make repairs however that too gets stuck at a black screen. I have now also tried booting from a flashdrive to attempt to re-install Windows and it gets through an initial loading screen, what appears to be a dialogue box opening, only to then get stuck on a plain blue screen. I have gone into my BIOS settings and tried booting under Legacy as well as UEFI and even disabling CSM altogether, all resulting in stuck at a bluescreen.

I'm using an Aorus B450 Wifi Pro motherboard, Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, an RTX 2060 GPU, 16gb of RAM from T-Force with the boot drive being a 1tb SATA ssd (BX500 from Crucial)

submitted by /u/zooweemama4206969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zooweemama4206969, Jan 25, 2021

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Unable to boot windows due to missing or corrupt files

Hi Callum,

There are several reasons why your PC isn't booting properly. One of which is because of broken boot data configuration components. To isolate the issue, we highly suggest you to boot your PC in Safe Mode. Given that you cannot access the setup screen, please
    follow these steps:

Do the improper shutdown process:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the computer. Do this thrice.
    • At the 4th boot, simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment window to appear.

After doing the improper shutdown process, please follow these steps:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options then, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once the PC has restarted, press the F4 key to boot in Safe Mode.

Let us know if the resolution worked for you.

Katrina Men, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to boot into windows properly

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Unable to boot into windows properly

1. Unable to boot into windows properly - Similar Threads - Unable boot properly

2. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  3. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  4. Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Stuck/Unable to boot properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Stuck/Unable to boot properly: I did some cleaning of my PC today, making sure not to damage components or anything like that. I did not remove any components, and merely removed excess dust with a vacuum cleaner. However, now my PC is unable to boot.The problems seem to mix. Sometimes, I get a message...
  5. Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Stuck/Unable to boot properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Stuck/Unable to boot properly: I did some cleaning of my PC today, making sure not to damage components or anything like that. I did not remove any components, and merely removed excess dust with a vacuum cleaner. However, now my PC is unable to boot.The problems seem to mix. Sometimes, I get a message...
  6. Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Stuck/Unable to boot properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC not booting properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not booting properly: After getting the blue screen of death cause of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, my pc is on but my monitor and other peripherals are off. I tried reconnecting the monitor but nothing happen. I restarted my pc a few times but it didn't change the situation. How can I fix this?...
  8. PC not booting properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not booting properly: After getting the blue screen of death cause of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, my pc is on but my monitor and other peripherals are off. I tried reconnecting the monitor but nothing happen. I restarted my pc a few times but it didn't change the situation. How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows not booting properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting properly: Hello everyone, I today randomly got the DPC Watchdog Error code. I just updated to a new version of Windows 10 last night. I can't reset my PC at all, I can't boot into Safe Mode, Windows doesn't let me do anything. I don't get beyond the startup bluescreen. I can reboot as...
  10. Windows does not boot properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not boot properly: I've been having a problem for a few weeks where Windows does not boot properly. I click the power button and it loads to the login screen, but then it stops reacting, and I can't login or do anything. The lights on my keyboard will then go on and off, which usually only...