Windows 10: Unable to boot my laptop

Discus and support Unable to boot my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am unable to boot my laptop. I am getting below error "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, we will restart for you" and after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Suresh Babu P, May 23, 2020.

1. Unable to boot my laptop

I am unable to boot my laptop. I am getting below error

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, we will restart for you"

and after that Automatic repair page appears, after selecting trouble shoot options ,I have tried all the options like system reset, system restore , start up repair.But couldn't restart the PC. Please help me what to do.

]

:)

Suresh Babu P, May 23, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 23, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 23, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Unable to boot my laptop

n-ster, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Unable to boot my laptop

1. Unable to boot my laptop - Similar Threads - Unable boot laptop

2. Laptop is unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is unable to boot.: I have tried the troubleshoot of shutting down 3 times etc but, this does not work and laptop is in a continual loop of not starting and closing down straight away - ASU’s screen comes up, disappears in 3seconds only to appear again. I have no way to boot in safe mode/get...
  3. Laptop is unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is unable to boot.: I have tried the troubleshoot of shutting down 3 times etc but, this does not work and laptop is in a continual loop of not starting and closing down straight away - ASU’s screen comes up, disappears in 3seconds only to appear again. I have no way to boot in safe mode/get...
  4. Unable to fully boot up my laptop on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to fully boot up my laptop on Windows 10: Will not move past welcome enter my pin my name and picture comes up and welcome but cursor just keeps spinning round and round have tried many times but always the same, iam using a acer Aspire E15 laptop running Windows 10...
  5. My laptop is not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is not booting: My laptop is not booting. It is just showing a black screen. Help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-booting/9ba9d30c-fc34-4cf7-9ea4-ef319382159c
  6. UNABLE TO BOOT MY WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNABLE TO BOOT MY WINDOWS: I am unable to boot my windows 10 after i uninstalled my last update as it was causing issue. now it is stuck it does the following things: i when i try to boot it says diagnosing your pc ii then it shows a blue screen saying `AUTOMATIC REPAIR` your pc did not start...
  7. Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop: I am currently trying to dual boot on my laptop. However during installation following error occurs [IMG] I am also unable to create the new volume in the disk management system. Disk volume property is MBR. Also I don't have 4 partition as specified in the MBR property....
  8. Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop: Hello there I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive. I have recently created both from the laptop and am trying to test them. I am unable to get the laptop to boot into the BIOS menu. I have tried the following:...
  9. My laptop will not boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop will not boot: Asus X556UAK laptop will not boot after 11 June update No loading screen power light is on the hard drive LED flashes once then turns off I have tried the troubleshooting methods but they do not work How do I fix this issue?...
  10. HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot: Last week, I was having problems. I ran System Restore, but it failed. Without warning, no boot. Finally it showed the error msg. collecting data to send to MS and will reboot. It then tried the Automatic Repair which also failed. and that is what happens now. I have tried...