Windows 10: Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

Discus and support Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1 Win 8.1 on Dell XPS fails to boot & ongoing failed attempts to Refresh are driving me insane!2 Auto-restart references "preparing automatic repair"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sookie2, May 26, 2022.

1. sookie2 Win User

Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

1 Win 8.1 on Dell XPS fails to boot & ongoing failed attempts to Refresh are driving me insane!2 Auto-restart references "preparing automatic repair" ... followed by nothing automatic, & certainly no repair.3 Process then announces "diagnosing your PC" followed by "PC did not start correctly" Well, DUH! Excellent diagnosis!4 Attempting Refresh or Advanced/Command prompt options, prompts demand for Account & Password*. ALL Password attemptsfail, despite flawless Login to Hotmail on 2nd computer, and ultimately changing my M$ account password?!? HOW is this possible?5 Usi

:)

sookie2, May 26, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 26, 2022
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 26, 2022
  4. Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

Unable to boot windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Perform the Safe mode and Clean boot.

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on
      Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

Refer the below link and try the troubleshooting methods:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

1. Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Unable Boot Refresh

2. Windows 8 is unable to Upgrade to 8,1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 is unable to Upgrade to 8,1: Hi Hope you all having great times. I have hp4540s with windows 8 single language RTM x64. I have a clean installation of Windows 8 and now want to upgrade it to Win 8.1. I have tried following 1. Add feature to Win 8 and it ask for new key2. Tried to connect app store but it...
  3. Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1: 1 Win 8.1 on Dell XPS fails to boot & ongoing failed attempts to Refresh are driving me insane!2 Auto-restart references "preparing automatic repair" ... followed by nothing automatic, & certainly no repair.3 Process then announces "diagnosing your PC" followed by "PC did not...
  4. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh: Hey, I just resetted my Laptop. I kept the personal files and just removed all the apps. The laptop is really smooth now except for refreshing. Everytime I try to refresh... The Blue circle of busyness comes on and stays for a longgggg time. I can click Start, I can...
  7. Refreshing your PC stuck at 1%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Refreshing your PC stuck at 1%: Hello! My Windows based Asus laptop has been running SLOW for over a year now. I just realized Windows has the "Refresh your PC" option, which deletes all apps and installs, but saves your files. Well, it's been stuck at 1% of "getting a few things ready" for about...
  8. unable to refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to refresh: hello i am a user if windows 10 pro whenever i right click to do refresh the page takes atleast 5 seconds to open and the refresh option is not working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-refresh/f571e593-ed06-46ea-9dda-f8b4e32edcfb
  9. Unable to Refresh Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Refresh Excel Sheet: I have a DAQ system that's sending data to the computer and creating a .csv file. I want to have the sheet refreshed every X seconds/minutes without having to close the file and open it every time. This file is read-only. And when I go to the Data tab and click the arrow on...
  10. Unable to Refresh Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Refresh Windows 10: Hi folks, I've been suffering from the whole "start menu isn't working, here have this lovely critical error" issue for quite some time now. I've brushed it off as a nuisance and tried to ignore it, but it's really just starting to limit the functionality of my PC so I'm...