Windows 10: Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Discus and support Unable to boot PC after installing updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnvolvic, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

hi

up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager.

I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail.

I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work.

can anyone help pls

regards john

ps: its windows 7 ultimate with windows 10 update

***Original title: desktop wont load***

:)

johnvolvic, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

Here are the results of the commands:

Unable to boot PC after installing updates [​IMG]

Attachment 228978

Hope this helps!

Firefly1409, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to boot PC after installing updates

1. Unable to boot PC after installing updates - Similar Threads - Unable boot installing

2. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  3. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  4. PC fails to boot after installing Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC fails to boot after installing Windows update: Hello, I’m running Windows 10 version 20H2. In January, my PC couldn’t boot anymore afterapplying the KB4598242 update. The boot process would get stuck just after BIOSPOST. After hard resetting the PC 3 times, Windows would eventually enter theautomatic repair mode. The...
  5. PC won't boot after installing updates

PC won't boot after installing updates: I was running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 3. After some updates were installed, the laptop needed to restart. Now when I turn it on, I get a message that says there is no bootable device. I can't even get into BIOS and I don't have a disk or USB to boot from. What are my...
  6. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot after Windows update: Yesterday, I had installed minor Windows update I don't remember the exact version, it was some minor update to my 1903 Windows. When update installed and requested restart, I had restarted the computer, but booted into another OS I have on separate HDD. I continued to work...
  7. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unable to boot after Clean Installation: I did a windows 10 clean install on my used Asus d550ma. It no longer boots or start up to windows. 1st it showed PC unable to reset and repeatedly did an automatic repair and diagnose which failed each time. So I tried using the options in the advanced recovery method after...
  8. PC unable to boot after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC unable to boot after update: I have an hp pavilion with an AMD ryzen 3 processer, SSD and HDD, and rx550 gpu. After a Windows 10 update about a week ago, my pc boots in this order: HP splash screen, snow screen (like a tv snow screen), crash, then reboot. I have completed 3 fresh installs of Windows...
  9. Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media: Recently my PC crashed and I’ve been unable to reboot it despite my efforts. I created bootable installation media and haven’t had any luck in booting my PC, even after using most methods advised by the following website: How to fix Automatic Repair couldnt repair your PC -...
  10. Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.: [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. ***Modified title from: Latest windows update doesn't seem to work. ***...