Windows 10: Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD

Discus and support Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm using Win 10 x 64 pro, version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, refurbished HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF. Created rescue disc ( v. RE) with MR free 7.2, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by barsim2, Sep 16, 2020.

1. barsim2 Win User

Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD

I'm using Win 10 x 64 pro, version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, refurbished HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF.

Created rescue disc ( v. RE) with MR free 7.2, then how do I boot with it when the Legacy Boot version doesn't respond in the Boot options?

Thank you for ideas.
    barsim

:)

barsim2, Sep 16, 2020

2. best rescue cd

what is hte best rescue cd ‎
    i mean the cd of strong anti-virus for computer boot
    ‎(windows xp + win 7)‎

ahmad ashraf, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Unable to play CD/DVD movie

Hi Louis,

Thank for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Based on your information, please be informed that Windows Media Center isn't included in Windows 10. To play DVD on Windows 10 you need DVD player app. You can download it from Windows store. Visit the below link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/dvd-playback-help

However, if you are unable to play CDs you can try the below steps and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to un-install/re-install the DVD device driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Uninstall.

• Once you are done un-installing the driver restart the computer, it will automatically install the generic device driver.
    If the issue still persist, try updating DVD/ CD-ROM drives
    and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Update.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the DVD/ CD-ROM drives manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/ CD-ROM drives driver and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 you try install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information is helpful. Get back to us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD

cd dvd players

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to play any disc in the DVD drive. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • When you say "D drive is deleted" is the DVD drive not detected by windows?

Meanwhile, we would also suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article
    (Do not perform Method 1):
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool
    to check if there is any windows file corruption causing this issue, refer this article:
    System File Checker

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD

1. Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD - Similar Threads - Unable boot rescue

2. Unable to format cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format cd/dvd: Unable to format CD/DVD using built-in or external burner. I am able to read disks, but no option to format is available.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID 363E617F-5E68-427A-9760-5D149E33EB30 Product ID...
  3. Unable to format cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to format cd/dvd: Unable to format CD/DVD using built-in or external burner. I am able to read disks, but no option to format is available.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID 363E617F-5E68-427A-9760-5D149E33EB30 Product ID...
  4. Still Unable to Boot PC from CD/DVD for Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still Unable to Boot PC from CD/DVD for Windows 10 Reset: Hello,I am currently trying to perform a reset of my Windows 10 install on a Dell desktop computer. I can access the BIOS via keyboard shortcuts, but when I get to the screen & tab to change the boot order, I can't find the option for CD/Disk nor the option to rebook from...
  5. Reflect rescue CD won't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect rescue CD won't boot: Yesterday, I used Macrium 7 to make the CD, with all defaults. I didn't touch the computer while it was burning. When it had stopped burning, I looked at it with Explorer and saw that under "Files ready to be written..." there was desktop.ini (which is still there since...
  6. Booting from Rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from Rescue media: Hello All, -I use HP Compaq 8300 SFF as a second machine W 10 x64 Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 running in Legacy BIOS mode, the EUFI is missing. Checking the MR Rescue DVD was possible, booting F9 selecting SATA2 (HP forum advice). -This method however assumes a functioning...
  7. unable to detect CD or DVD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to detect CD or DVD driver: im unable to insert the CD or DVD in disk when I inserted the CD or DVD is not responding and saying please insert disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-detect-cd-or-dvd-driver/d1de765f-3651-4f45-810d-19d534737300
  8. Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB: I tried to restart my 'backup' PC , after a couple of weeks off , and got a message saying "The PC has run into a problem and we will restart it" It then says Preparing Automatic Repair before setting off into a repeat cycle, i tried to boot from a USB Recovery and a DVD with...
  9. Boot from CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956
  10. Booting from WinPE CD/DVD Whilst in UEFI Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from WinPE CD/DVD Whilst in UEFI Mode: Hi I have a system recently converted to UEFI using MBR2GPT. Today I created a bootable DVD using Kyhi's Recovery Tools ISO and want to run it up to find out exactly what I've got and how it works. Snag is I can't boot up from CD or DVD - my system just hangs. I've done...