Windows 10: Unable to boot safe mode

Discus and support Unable to boot safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by atsang26, Jun 13, 2021.

1. atsang26 Win User

Unable to boot safe mode

So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains black, I use boot camp so from my Touch Bar I know my laptop is running. What should I do?

:)

atsang26, Jun 13, 2021

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Jun 13, 2021
  3. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 13, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Unable to boot safe mode

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Unable to boot safe mode

1. Unable to boot safe mode - Similar Threads - Unable boot safe

2. Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode: Hi, whenever I try to sign in to my laptop I get a blank screen with the text Microsoft account at the top of the page .I then tried to boot my laptop into windows recovery environment using various methods and instead of going into windows recovery environment I get a DRIVER...
  3. Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode: Hi, whenever I try to sign in to my laptop I get a blank screen with the text Microsoft account at the top of the page .I then tried to boot my laptop into windows recovery environment using various methods and instead of going into windows recovery environment I get a DRIVER...
  4. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  5. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  6. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  7. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.: While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no...
  8. Unable to fully boot up in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to fully boot up in Safe Mode: In Windows 10 when booting up I'm receiving the following error at the sign-in screen: "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Now I"m attempting to boot up in safe mode to resolve the issue, but after hitting F4 for safe mode...
  9. Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode: This morning when I started my laptop, all I could see was the mouse pointer arrow on a black screen. I restarted the laptop, but it gets stuck at the spinning white dots. From what I have read, it seems like an issue related to the Nvidia driver. Here is what I have tried...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...