Windows 10: Unable to boot the computer to desktop

Discus and support Unable to boot the computer to desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my windows broke down because of electricity problems and it give me blue dead screen at first the windows was booting right, until the login screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fawzysha3ban, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Unable to boot the computer to desktop

my windows broke down because of electricity problems and it give me blue dead screen
    at first the windows was booting right, until the login screen the blue screen appears and restart to recovery.
    i searched for online solutions and now the windows doesn't even boot Unable to boot the computer to desktop :D

i tried the system called HBCD to save my important files but the important files on "Onedrive-alexandria university" folder

path "C:\Users\Mohamed\OneDrive - Alexandria University"

when ever i try to copy file i get error messages like ("0x80070780", "access denied")

my hard drive is working properly and no bad sectors

unfortunately these files didn't Sync with the cloud

is there any way to save these files ?

thanks in advance.

***Modified the title from Save my Data***

***Moved from Windows 10 / Files, folders, & Storage***

:)

fawzysha3ban, Dec 19, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Unable to boot the computer to desktop

Unable to login to the desktop on Windows 10.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are unable to access the desktop as you got stuck on the login page. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Since you are unable to by pass the login page, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and perform a startup repair.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media
    creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings
    and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically. Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option
      key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup repair.
    Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the startup. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to boot the computer to desktop

1. Unable to boot the computer to desktop - Similar Threads - Unable boot computer

2. Unable to boot computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot computer: Problem: dude read the subjectHardware Details: Computer: Legion Desktop 7000K-26IOB Graphics Card: RTX 3060 Ti CPU: Intel Core i7 I forgot the restSo I recently want to install ubuntu onto my PC and I did it with the following steps:1. I decided I want to not only install...
  3. Unable to boot computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot computer: Problem: dude read the subjectHardware Details: Computer: Legion Desktop 7000K-26IOB Graphics Card: RTX 3060 Ti CPU: Intel Core i7 I forgot the restSo I recently want to install ubuntu onto my PC and I did it with the following steps:1. I decided I want to not only install...
  4. Unable to find desktop computer from laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find desktop computer from laptops: When I go to the network on my laptop I only see the 2 windows 11 laptops. But I also have a windows 10 desktop computer and it's nowhere to be found. But I am able to see the 2 windows 11 laptops from my windows 10 desktop network. Can't you PLEASE help me fix this? I want...
  5. Unable to boot up computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot up computer: I wanted to upload pictures but the file is too large I guess. I start up my pc, and I get an error regarding a file before I can ever get to log in. "Wacom_Tablet.exe - Bad Image"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\iertutil.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...
  6. Unable to access my desktop computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access my desktop computer: I am DONE with the MS login to my desktop with the MS account! When I enter my PIN I get a message saying " Your device is offline. Try a different sign-in method." The only option available then is "I forgot my PIN." When I select this I just get a wait for ten minutes...
  7. unable to discover desktop computer on private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to discover desktop computer on private network: I am unable to discover my desktop computer on private network. My desktop can access my laptop but not the otherway round. It used to be fully useable a few weeks ago....
  8. Unable to boot the computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot the computer: Hello folks, My laptop did a major Win 10 feature update in early January plus some security updates, etc. all was fine after the update and I used my laptop for a day without issue. When I woke up the next day my laptop seemed frozen with a black screen and I had to power...
  9. Unable to boot computer with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot computer with Windows 10: I cannot boot my sytem. It appears that the bcd and store are corrupted. Is there a way to rebuild these without a complete re-installation? Thanks for any assistance that you can give me. I need desperately to get into my system to be able to work and cannot. I have...
  10. I am unable to boot my desktop computer from Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    I am unable to boot my desktop computer from Blue Screen: My computer shows a blue screen and tells me that there is no administrator present and will not boot. I have tried a recovery disc and a windows disc to reload windows but it does not even want to recognise a disc is in the drive. how can I fix this and get my computer...