Windows 10: Unable to boot the OS from disk

Discus and support Unable to boot the OS from disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Error message: An operating system wasn't foind. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeepakVarshneyMK, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Unable to boot the OS from disk

Error message: An operating system wasn't foind. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.

:)

DeepakVarshneyMK, Jan 21, 2021

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 21, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to boot into Windows - Disk Corrupted

• If your BIOS was set to UEFI then Windows was installed using GPT partition scheme. There are 2 modes to boot the USB from: Legacy and UEFI, you should not change the BIOS setting to Legacy.
    • BootRec /FixMbr and BootRec /FixBoot only work with MBR partition scheme, yours is GPT

1. Download: Rescue.V6.1.1311.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB with format: FAT32, MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI

Unable to boot the OS from disk [​IMG]
    2. set your BIOS back to UEFI and boot up from the USB (select UEFI boot mode).
    3. Click on "Fix Windows boot problems"

Unable to boot the OS from disk [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to boot the OS from disk

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Unable to boot the OS from disk

1. Unable to boot the OS from disk - Similar Threads - Unable boot disk

2. Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC: Windows was installed in SSD, I bought a new NVME and installed fresh windows.After this I plugged the SSD and created a dual boot menu. Now when I am unplugging the SSD, the new OS is not booting and getting error as attached.How can I boot to new OS after removing the SSD...
  3. Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC: Windows was installed in SSD, I bought a new NVME and installed fresh windows.After this I plugged the SSD and created a dual boot menu. Now when I am unplugging the SSD, the new OS is not booting and getting error as attached.How can I boot to new OS after removing the SSD...
  4. Laptop isnt booting OS from new disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isnt booting OS from new disk: Hi all, I have a major problem. Today, I installed a fresh copy of Win7 at new disk. M.2 SATA to be precise.I maage to instal everything I want to have at new OS disk and only left was to format old disk. I download Easeus app and plan a format. It all was going smmoth unitl...
  5. Laptop isnt booting OS from new disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop isnt booting OS from new disk: Hi all, I have a major problem. Today, I installed a fresh copy of Win7 at new disk. M.2 SATA to be precise.I maage to instal everything I want to have at new OS disk and only left was to format old disk. I download Easeus app and plan a format. It all was going smmoth unitl...
  6. Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI: * [Full discloser] I know this is a Microsoft forum, but this also involves Linux so any help is appreciated. So I thought it'd be a fun idea to dual-boot Linux Lite alongside my Windows 10 pro partition. It Started off fine, but I noticed when I restarted to go back to...
  7. Convert dual boot disk into single OS

Convert dual boot disk into single OS: Greetings all. May I ask for a bit of sanity check please. I have a PC running two Windows 10 OS's on two separate partitions. Windows asks me which one I want to run when booting up. I now want to remove one OS and recover its space. If I understand correctly I need to:...
  8. Unable to boot into Windows - Disk Corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into Windows - Disk Corrupted: I have a DELL Inspiron 17R SE 7720. I was running Windows 10. A couple of weeks ago or so, I installed some Windows updates. Immediately after the update and subsequent restart, I noticed that my Disk usage started to fluctuate wildly, spiking with considerable frequency to...
  9. Booting winpe content from a OS installed hard disk machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting winpe content from a OS installed hard disk machine: Hi, I have a win 7 OS installed machine. I want to boot from a D drive by copying the winpe bootable files into D drive without formatting the hard disk or disturbing the OS in the machine. Is it possible to boot to the machine from the D drive? Is there any settings I...
  10. Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition

Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition: Alright, strange title, I know. The reason I ask this is because for the past week I'm trying to get a dual boot arch linux/windows 10 on my PC. I have made plenty of dual boots before but never encoutered such difficulties doing so. A quick set-up of what I have inside...