Windows 10: Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

Discus and support Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. ***Modified title from: Latest windows update doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by וסילי ישראלסוחוב, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update. [​IMG]n

Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly.

***Modified title from: Latest windows update doesn't seem to work. ***

:)

וסילי ישראלסוחוב, Dec 21, 2018

2. The system is unable to boot after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hi Gerg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system after installing the latest updates as the device loops while booting, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your device?

As per your description I understand that you are unable to access the desktop. Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all peripheral devices from the computer except the keyboard and the mouse. Hard reboot the device and check if it boots normally.

If the issue still persists,

Method 2: I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic repair of the computer that you are unable
    to boot.

Step 1: Download
    Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2:After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

1. Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update. - Similar Threads - Unable boot latest

2. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  3. PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update: System - i9-12900kGigabyte Z690, LGA 1700, PCIe 5.064Gb DDR4Nvidia RTX 3090 24GbSystem drive - 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSDStorage drive - 4Tb Seagate Baracuda SATAWindows 11 HomeIssue - I booted up this morning, left the room, and on returning I saw a screen asking me to complete...
  4. PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update: System - i9-12900kGigabyte Z690, LGA 1700, PCIe 5.064Gb DDR4Nvidia RTX 3090 24GbSystem drive - 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSDStorage drive - 4Tb Seagate Baracuda SATAWindows 11 HomeIssue - I booted up this morning, left the room, and on returning I saw a screen asking me to complete...
  5. PC will not boot windows & will not reset after Latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot windows & will not reset after Latest Windows update: I updated my pc last night and proceeded to turn it off after the update was complete and wokeup to a BSoD error. Everytime I restart my computer it either is a critical processes died error or bad system config error. I’ve tried many command prompts such as dism and scan now...
  6. I am unable to boot after the latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to boot after the latest windows 10 update: After choosing to install and shut down my laptop wont boot....It act like it has no power I don't get anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-boot-after-the-latest-windows-10/7fade826-ce03-4bc0-a02d-cb1c40f77dcd
  7. Unable to login after latest Windows update

Unable to login after latest Windows update: Following last night’s update, I cannot login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password, when there’s usually an option to do so only a Sign in, and it has me sign into my Microsoft account. When I login, it says something about setting up a Windows Hello...
  8. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Unable to boot PC after installing updates: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  9. Unable to print after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print after latest Windows update: Curtailed printer access seems to be a common problem, from what I see on the forums. Here is my situation: Lenovo desktop running Windows 10; HP OfficeJet Pro 6968; all Lenovo operating software and drivers up-to-date as of today; all HP drivers up-to-date as of today....
  10. PC unable to boot after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC unable to boot after update: I have an hp pavilion with an AMD ryzen 3 processer, SSD and HDD, and rx550 gpu. After a Windows 10 update about a week ago, my pc boots in this order: HP splash screen, snow screen (like a tv snow screen), crash, then reboot. I have completed 3 fresh installs of Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc dead after latest windows update