Windows 10: Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello there I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive. I have recently created both from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Geoff Olding, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

Hello there

I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive. I have recently created both from the laptop and am trying to test them.

I am unable to get the laptop to boot into the BIOS menu.

I have tried the following:

• All the functions keys (F1 to F12), plus the “Esc” and “Del” keys.
    • Clicking off “Turn off fast start-up (recommended)” in Power Options.
    • Rebooting from “EFI Usb Device” and “EFI DVD\CDRom” (Settings\Update & Security\Recovery\Advanced start-up\Restart now\Use a Device)

None of these have any effect – the laptop always just boots into Windows 10 as normal.

It is a Toshiba Satellite L50-C-20M.

Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Geoff Olding, Jul 26, 2019

2. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the laptop which is stuck at boot menu.

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. What is the error you have received when you try to boot the computer to desktop?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1

Unplug all the external devices and then try to boot the computer to desktop.

Method 2

Unplug the AC adapter to your laptop. Remove the Battery. Hold power button for 30 seconds. Then leave it set for 15-20 plus minutes (Letting it sit longer won't really help to much) and then just plug back in ONLY AC adapter and see if it shows the
    hard drive in the BIOS.

Method 3

Start your PC in safe mode

I suggest you to refer the article “Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    for the steps.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to refer the article Recovery options in Windows 10
    for more information.

Note: This article includes Reset your PC and
    Use installation media to reinstall Windows 10 as the options. I suggest you to ignore these options, since there is a chances of data loss. This will remove all your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, apps and customizations from
    your PC manufacturer, and changes you made to settings.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Jul 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

Toshiba laptop

Hi Alan

Insert that stick, boot up your laptop, on the Toshiba logo screen, repeatedly press F2

That will boot your laptop into BIOS, then on the boot tab, change the boot order, so that stick is top of the boot order list

Please remember, when you are finished using that stick, to set your hard rive as top of the boot order again . . .

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

1. Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable Boot BIOS

2. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  3. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  4. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Related to BIOS boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Related to BIOS boot menu: I have downloaded ISO file from Microsoft site :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOAnd I used Rufus to make flash USB bootable drive.What is this error.Should I disable boot security....
  6. Laptop Boots in BIOS

Laptop Boots in BIOS: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  7. Bios Boot menu problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios Boot menu problem.: my msconfig shows only windows option as below [img] But bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu as below [img] Even after doing bcdedit /delete {identifier}, after reboot, bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu. Bios also shows ubuntu option. I do not have ubuntu now in any...
  8. Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu: Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work. When i tried to load into the UEFI menu, with Settings->Update and Security->Recovery->Advanced Start-up->Restart Now and...
  9. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu: So about one and a half weeks ago, I was snooping around my Discord cache folder before i deleted everything in it just because I was curious about it, and when I reopened the command prompt, I forgot to change the directory and accidentally converted some files in my user...
  10. Toshiba BIOS

Toshiba BIOS: Dear All, After updating both of my Toshiba laptops when I first boot my laptops they show the Toshiba but I can't press F2 to enter BIOS any ideas Thank you 21319

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bios version for satellite c40-c