Windows 10: Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD

Discus and support Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT REQUEST ABOUT A SURFACE PRODUCT. THIS IS A SUPPORT REQUEST FOR A PC THAT WAS DAMAGED AFTER ACCIDENTALLY BOOTING INTO A SURFACE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasGLu, Apr 1, 2022.

1. ThomasGLu Win User

Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT REQUEST ABOUT A SURFACE PRODUCT. THIS IS A SUPPORT REQUEST FOR A PC THAT WAS DAMAGED AFTER ACCIDENTALLY BOOTING INTO A SURFACE HUB'S SSD.I was attempting to use the Surface Hub Recovery Tool to reimage the drive of our office's Surface Hub interactive whiteboard. Long story short: the Surface Hub OS began boot looping following the latest bout of updates, requiring a BMR. When I connected the drive via a USB dock, the drive showed up in Device Manager as a Startech SCSI device, whereas the Surface Hub Recovery Tool required identifying a drive as either a LITEON L CH

:)

ThomasGLu, Apr 1, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

USB legecy is on and by pressing F12, i get the option which device to boot, ive tried both the usb options listed there(simple and uefi one) nothing works

Harry9001, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD

Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot

Disable uefi or secure boot.

enable legacy boot

enable CSM

enable usb controllers

save and exit.then with usb sata

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD

1. Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD - Similar Threads - Unable boot UEFI

2. Unable to boot from USB on Surface Laptop Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot from USB on Surface Laptop Studio: On my Surface Laptop Studio I am trying to boot from an external SSD that contains a FAT32 boot partition and a pre-configured Linux Mint partition. I tried it on another computer and it works flawlessly. However, I am unable to boot on my Surface Laptop Studio. I disabled...
  3. Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?: Hello!! I am using a Lenovo V310 14ISK laptop which is set to Legacy boot mode by default. Now I want to install a SATA SSD in place of my old HDD and use it as a boot drive while keeping HDD in the DVD drive bay and use it for storing photos, videos etc.So will I have to...
  4. Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?

Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?: Hello!! I am using a Lenovo V310 14ISK laptop which is set to Legacy boot mode by default. Now I want to install a SATA SSD in place of my old HDD and use it as a boot drive while keeping HDD in the DVD drive bay and use it for storing photos, videos etc.So will I have to...
  5. Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Booting from USB SATA HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting from USB SATA HDD?: I just found my old HDD with Windows 7. I just plugged it into my current W10 PC (via USB-SATA adapter), i used EasyBCD and selected the drive letter of my W7HDD (G:) and added that as boot entry But when restarting, selecting the W7 entry, it shows me black screen, and no...
  7. Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD: I was attempting to use the Surface Hub Recovery Tool to reimage the drive of our office's Surface Hub interactive whiteboard. Long story short: the Surface Hub OS began boot looping following the latest bout of updates, requiring a BMR.When I connected the drive via a USB...
  8. Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD

Unable to boot to UEFI via SATA or USB device after accidentally booting from Surface Hub SSD: I was attempting to use the Surface Hub Recovery Tool to reimage the drive of our office's Surface Hub interactive whiteboard. Long story short: the Surface Hub OS began boot looping following the latest bout of updates, requiring a BMR.When I connected the drive via a USB...
  9. Unable to boot after cloning Sata HDD to Sata SSD

Unable to boot after cloning Sata HDD to Sata SSD: Hello, I did cloning of my original Sata 1 TB HDD to New 1 TB SSD (WD) using Macrium Software. No issues found during cloning and everything went fine. I did swap the hard disk and when I turn on the laptop I am unable to boot to windows. I did try legacy boot option and...
  10. Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB

Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB: Hello, at the UEFI I accidently deleted the Windows Boot Manager. After I restarted, the Surface was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Additionally I can't boot to UEFI or from USB anymore. I already tried a lot of troubleshooting, like the official guides and unofficial ones....