Windows 10: Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.

Discus and support Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using Windows Media Creation Tool. I tried to make a Windows installation USB. Following the instructions on this site, I succesfully did that and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraceL, Aug 29, 2020.

1. TraceL Win User

Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.

Using Windows Media Creation Tool. I tried to make a Windows installation USB. Following the instructions on this site, I succesfully did that and tried it on my PC. This PC was built today. After booting to the USB, the monitor showed the BIOS's motherboard theme, yet split in two as if it's loading something. After a while it then changes to a blue screen with no text and graphical bugs on the right side of the screen, then just shuts down with no error.

I tried enabling CSM. That only made the graphical bug on the blue screen disappear and made the bios theme load totally rather than splitting it. Still shuts down with no error code. I then tried to use the media creation tool to make a .ISO file. Then, I used Rufus to image it into the USB. Same results.

Tried to download the ISO directly from Microsoft's website, but Rufus could not image the ISO to my USB, with the error being an "undetermined error". Looking around it could be that my USB does not support NTFS type because Rufus was forced to use that type when imaging this specific ISO.

I thought It was a bad USB, and it actually could be. Enabling the check bad sectors on Rufus in 1 pass mode made it found 200+ corrupted error on read pass. However, using chkdsk it didnt detect anything. And this is a brand new USB i bought from a random local shop. Which is why i'll try to buy a new flashdisk from a reputable source later.

My question is, Is there anyway to be certain that is not my Motherboard's or any other parts' fault? Again, this is a brand new built PC so i was extremely afraid if this wasnt the USB's fault, but my PC's. I tried installing Ubuntu, but it didnt even boot into it. However, it did recognize that it was a bootable USB in the BIOS.

As a side note, the Motherboard's EZ Debug LED says that there is no error except for the boot being undetectable/failing.

:)

TraceL, Aug 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 29, 2020
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.

1. Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown. - Similar Threads - Unable boot installation

2. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  3. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  4. laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns: laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns sometimes works ok then shuts down without warning checked battery/psu fine checked harddrive ok did event viewer found the following could someone know the problem effecting my laptop kind reagrds Log Name: System...
  5. Unable to boot/install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot/install windows: Hi I had problems with my built in keyboard and I wanted to disable it. to do so, i changed its driver to something incompatible with my laptop. after trying a reboot, it either freezes or shows the blue screen of death, with an error about the driver. system recovery or...
  6. Unable to boot / install windows

Unable to boot / install windows: I am not able to go past the windows logo on any windows images. I am having 2 bootloaders grub and default windows one it doesn't have fedora's entry added in it. If thats any help. I was using windows bootloader as default boot into windows without os selection. *I am...
  7. Unable to boot / install windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot / install windows: I am not able to go past the windows logo on any windows images. I am having 2 bootloaders grub and default windows one it doesn't have fedora's entry added in it. If thats any help. I was using windows bootloader as default boot into windows without os selection. *I am...
  8. Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes: I cannot boot Windows from my bootable USB drive. I've tried multiple drives with no luck. I have tried disabling and enabling CSM and disabled fast boot but still can't get it. I keep getting to a screen with the windows logo and the loading dots but then everything freezes....
  9. Windows 10 Installation Freezes After BIOS Boot

Windows 10 Installation Freezes After BIOS Boot: Hello, I just finished building a new PC build, so I am now trying to install 64-bit Windows 10 via USB Drive. The PC will post and show the BIOS screen but it freezes shortly after that once the Windows loading dial shows up. I am unsure what to do at this point. I've...
  10. HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install

HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install: A client has a HP 2000-425NR laptop that we concluded has a dead battery (it's detachable). I upgraded the RAM from 2GB --> 6GB + replaced the regular hdd with a 250GB SSD. I initially installed Windows 7 Home then upgraded the PC to Win10 to get a digital license. This is...