Windows 10: Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

Discus and support Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an HP notebook which I left on earlier today. When I came back to it I was getting an on screen message telling me the laptop had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeanGriffiths2, May 14, 2019.

1. Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

Hi all,

I have an HP notebook which I left on earlier today. When I came back to it I was getting an on screen message telling me the laptop had encountered a problem and that it was attempting repairs.

It was unable to fix itself so I went to advanced options/ troubleshoot. Firstly I attempted system repair, then system restore and then command prompt but none of these fixes were succesful.

I then tried to put the machine into safe mode to see if I could boot it from there but I can’t get it in to safe mode.

To get to safe mode I went through Start up settings, then pressed reset, then pressed f4 as instructed but it then just goes back to auto repair followed by Diagnosing your PC.

Can anyone help I’m starting to get rather concerned that there is something majorly wrong with the laptop.

:)

DeanGriffiths2, May 14, 2019

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, May 14, 2019
  3. unable to boot into safe mode

ok i got it, but now when i get to the safe boot menu i try to select "safe boot with network" but the arrow keys do nothing, so the timer thing goes and it just boots into normal windows*Frown Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode :( so i tested my arrow keys and they work with EVERYTHING ELSE, so it's not like my keyboard is dead. anyone know how to fix this?

Braveheart, May 14, 2019
  4. Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

1. Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode - Similar Threads - Unable boot safe

2. Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode: Hi I shut down my laptop and when I turn it on it’s on preparing automatic repair screen after a while it crashes so I can’t go into safe mode. I try getting into safe mode with f11 and f9 but the same thing still happens so what do I do?...
  3. Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode: Hi I shut down my laptop and when I turn it on it’s on preparing automatic repair screen after a while it crashes so I can’t go into safe mode. I try getting into safe mode with f11 and f9 but the same thing still happens so what do I do?...
  4. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  5. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  6. Unable to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot safe mode: So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains black, I use boot camp so from my Touch Bar I know my laptop is running. What should I do?...
  7. Unable to get to safe mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get to safe mode in windows 10: I recently updated to windows 10 pro on my home PC. all appeared well small glitches but nothing major thankfully.. Until now no matter what i try i cannot boot to safe mode i can get to it easily using shift-restart all the way through till i get to the press 4,5, or 6 then...
  8. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.: While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no...
  9. Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode: Hi All, I have an HP notebook which I left on earlier today. When I came back to it I was getting an on screen message telling me the laptop had encountered a problem and that it was attempting repairs. It was unable to fix itself so I went to advanced options/...
  10. Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode

Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode: This morning when I started my laptop, all I could see was the mouse pointer arrow on a black screen. I restarted the laptop, but it gets stuck at the spinning white dots. From what I have read, it seems like an issue related to the Nvidia driver. Here is what I have tried...