Windows 10: Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu

Discus and support Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows 11 and dual booted recently with lastest stable Ubuntu. To remove Ubuntu i used command "sudo rm -rf /" After this along with Ubuntu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aioont, Feb 9, 2023.

1. aioont Win User

Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu

I have a windows 11 and dual booted recently with lastest stable Ubuntu. To remove Ubuntu i used command "sudo rm -rf /" After this along with Ubuntu windows is not bootable.I reinstalled Ubuntu and do "fdsik -l" and I can see /dev/nvme0n1p1 contain EFI system n1p2 contain Microsoft reservedn1p3 contain Microsoft basic data n1p4 contain Windows recovery environmentn1p5 contain Microsoft basic data n1p6 contain Microsoft recovery environment how can I recover windows data or boot into windows

:)

aioont, Feb 9, 2023
  2. dcf-joe Win User

dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC’s February 2023 issue is on sale now! (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how difficult it can be when Windows does not boot properly.

Since you are unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu, I would suggest you to try rebuilding BCD file and see if that helps.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC
      using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select
      Next > Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options >
      Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter:
      BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Piter101 Win User

Removed Ubuntu

Have you ever tried removing Ubuntu from boot list with msconfig? Which is much easier that way.

> In the Cortana search bar, type MSCONFIG and press Enter.

> On the System Configuration box, go to the Boot tab.

> From the list of available operating systems, click to select the one that you want to remove.

> Click the Delete button present below the listbox.

> Confirm your action when prompted.

> Restart the computer to check if the issue is resolved.

Here is an answer is for those with UEFI who have deleted the Ubuntu partitions before removing grub.

Uninstall GRUB and use Windows bootloader

Piter101, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Unable boot removing

2. Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot windows 11 after removing Ubuntu: I have a windows 11 and dual booted recently with lastest stable Ubuntu. To remove Ubuntu i used command "sudo rm -rf /" After this along with Ubuntu windows is not bootable.I reinstalled Ubuntu and do "fdsik -l" and I can see /dev/nvme0n1p1 contain EFI system n1p2 contain...
  3. unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot: I have installed ubuntu 22.04 dual boot in my ASUS laptop . when i tried back to boot into windows it does't boot back. it shows diagonising message and windows is unable to auto repair error message.windows boot manager is showing while booting screen but it doesnt boot...
  4. unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot

unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot: I have installed ubuntu 22.04 dual boot in my ASUS laptop . when i tried back to boot into windows it does't boot back. it shows diagonising message and windows is unable to auto repair error message.windows boot manager is showing while booting screen but it doesnt boot...
  5. unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't Boot up Windows 10 after removing Ubuntu

Can't Boot up Windows 10 after removing Ubuntu: So i'm having trouble booting in to windows after removing the Ubuntu partition from my dell laptop so i looked it up online and i may not have removed the boot grub? i'm new to this The main problem i have is my laptop screen got busted and the only way i can see the screen...
  7. Can't Boot up Windows 10 after removing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Boot up Windows 10 after removing Ubuntu: So i'm having trouble booting in to windows after removing the Ubuntu partition from my dell laptop so i looked it up online and i may not have removed the boot grub? i'm new to this The main problem i have is my laptop screen got busted and the only way i can see the screen...
  8. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot: Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.[IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!! ***Original title: Dual boot***...
  9. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  10. Remove dual boot - Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove dual boot - Ubuntu: Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been doing a lot of reading on...