Windows 10: Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

Discus and support Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeerajA1, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:17 AM.

1. NeerajA1 Win User

Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot [​IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!!

***Original title: Dual boot***

:)

2. dcf-joe Win User

dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC's September 2019 issue is on sale now! | TechRadar (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

3. Dual Boot

if you install ubuntu then you must choose. Wibi or using Grub.

Wibi is install Ubuntu inside windows

Grub is installing Ubuntu as a real seperate OS that will use the Grub Boot Loader and let you select which OS to boot when you start up your PC.

lyndonguitar, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:22 AM
  4. davidhk Win User

Thema:

1. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot - Similar Threads - Unable boot installing

2. Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu: I have Windows 10 Home/Pro ready to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I also want to dual boot into Ubuntu and will need to install that as well. I have also just installed an SSD and have 2TB hard drive space. With all that being said, what is the best procedure for dual booting...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175. I wish to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04.2 on this laptop. Is it possible to do it...
  4. WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with...: So I dual booted ubuntu 16.04 into my Windows 10 Asus x510 laptop with optane memory. To install Ubuntu, I had to change drivers from RST to AHCI and disable the optane in the process which I did following which the windows booted perfectly fine. Now after 1 week, i am...
  5. Can't boot after dual-boot crash (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

Can't boot after dual-boot crash (Windows 10 and Ubuntu): I have a problem with my Lenovo h500. I replaced the hard drive with a 1 TB WDC drive and upped the RAM to 8 GB. The unit came with Windows 8, and I upgraded to Windows 10 and have installed every update up until May 2018. Then I installed ubuntu 18.04 in a dual-boot...
  6. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  7. Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu

Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu: Hi guys, I have Alienware 17 R3. I have dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04. Now when I select windows in grub menu, the generic windows 10 animation shows up with 1024x768 resolution. Is there a way to restore my Alienware boot animation? Thank you. 69227
  8. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  9. Remove dual boot - Ubuntu

Remove dual boot - Ubuntu: Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been doing a lot of reading on...
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...