Windows 10: Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

Discus and support Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a PC that has been misbehaving....suddenly and randomly powering off whilst in use....no ordered shutdown, just power off. Booted to the BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertHorn9, May 20, 2022.

1. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

I have a PC that has been misbehaving....suddenly and randomly powering off whilst in use....no ordered shutdown, just power off. Booted to the BIOS just to see if everything looked normal, CPU temperature very high 90 +. Opened the case and discovered that the CPU fan was sticking. Replaced it. Now I can boot to BIOS and CPU temp is normal, but as soon as I try to boot to Windows, the unit powers off before even reaching the Win10 splash screen. The possibilities would seem to be:CPU damaged due to overheating. If this was the case, would I still be able to boot into BIOS and interrogate

:)

RobertHorn9, May 20, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2022
  3. seanmac Win User
    PC takes second boot to power up and load windows

Hi guys !

I've had this issue on and off since I built my gaming PC last year in April.

If the PC has been powered off at the wall and I turn it on it takes till the second boot to fully boot into windows.

I have tried everything to trouble shoot this issue (i'm very experienced with overclocking).
    My psu rails are reading right no issue there.

On this first boot the cpu light comes on and then it powers off.

I'm thinking it may be a faulty motherboard. (Asus P8-Z77-V)

Has anyone had a faulty motherboard that has caused this exact same issue ?

Thanks in advance *Smile Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads :)

seanmac, May 20, 2022
  4. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

1. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads - Similar Threads - Unable boot powering

2. Unable to boot Windows 10 - stuck before boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot Windows 10 - stuck before boot up: Problem: Bootup hangs at splash screens. HP Envy DesktopWindows 10 Home upgraded from the stock Win 8....think that's what it was Core i7-6700 from late 2016.16gb RamNVIDIA GeForce GTX750TiWhen I start my Windows 10 home edition desktop, the screen freezes on the MS Logo or...
  3. Unable to boot Windows 10 - stuck before boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot Windows 10 - stuck before boot up: Problem: Bootup hangs at splash screens. HP Envy DesktopWindows 10 Home upgraded from the stock Win 8....think that's what it was Core i7-6700 from late 2016.16gb RamNVIDIA GeForce GTX750TiWhen I start my Windows 10 home edition desktop, the screen freezes on the MS Logo or...
  4. Unable to boot Windows 10 - stuck before boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads: I have a PC that has been misbehaving....suddenly and randomly powering off whilst in use....no ordered shutdown, just power off. Booted to the BIOS just to see if everything looked normal, CPU temperature very high 90 +. Opened the case and discovered that the CPU fan was...
  6. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads: I have a PC that has been misbehaving....suddenly and randomly powering off whilst in use....no ordered shutdown, just power off. Booted to the BIOS just to see if everything looked normal, CPU temperature very high 90 +. Opened the case and discovered that the CPU fan was...
  7. PC Unable To Boot Into Windows.

PC Unable To Boot Into Windows.: I recently bought a 1tb Samsung SSD and I wanted to install windows onto it. I put it into SATA Port 0 and put my hdd into SATA Port 1. I formatted the HHD And SSD And installed windows onto the ssd using a USB. It worked fine for a night until I got a boot up error reading "...
  8. Windows dual boot loads OS before selector

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dual boot loads OS before selector: I installed in dual boot two different Windows 10 OSs: Enterprise and Pro. The default OS is ENT. I turned off 'Fast startup' on both OSs. When I boot my machine, the default OS seems to be loading before the OS selector shows up. That's not a problem if I continue with ENT,...
  9. Windows unable to boot/load the operating system

Windows unable to boot/load the operating system: I have a Dell computer which i have a 500gb harddisk where i have installed my operating system in GPT partition scheme so its a uefi system. So recently i transfered my harddisk to a hp computer to use it as an external storage to transfer some files but it wont let...
  10. Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct: Hi guys, every time I want to use my custom-built pc (Windows 10), the process goes as following: -press power button -wait for initial booting to start, before a noise that sounds like something being stopped -hold down power button so it turns off -press power...