Windows 10: Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options

Discus and support Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, Recently updated Windows 10, now starting up I get this screen: [img] No option to continue to desktop, clicking on 'Troubleshoot' I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPol, Nov 22, 2017.

1. JPol Win User

Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options

Hey,
    Recently updated Windows 10, now starting up I get this screen:

Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options [​IMG]

No option to continue to desktop, clicking on 'Troubleshoot' I get this:

'System Restore' gives me "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore". Restarting gives me no option to select an operating system, just returns me to this screen.
    'Start-up Repair' says that it can't repair my computer.
    'Go back to the previous version' says it can't take me back to a previous version of Windows. Suggests selecting 'Reset this PC' from the troubleshooting options, but it's not there.
    I tried getting some help from the official support forum, but didn't get very far. I tried using a USB drive prepped by the Windows Media Creation Tool, this didn't change the outcome of any of the options and trying to do a clean install of Windows, I got this:

Been wrestling with this issue for a few days now, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

:)

2. I'm unable to login to my computer. Please help.

After a safe boot i enabled and disabled an option in msconfig after which on restarting i dont see sigb in option. I'm unable to perform a safe boot too. I'm stuck. Please help.

Stephen Tauro, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update won't boot

I upgraded my Dell Studio XPS from Windows 7 to 10. After the update finished installing I am unable to boot my laptop. It gets stuck after the Windows logo on a please wait screen. I am unable to boot in safe mode as F8 is not taking me to options. I'm
    not able to revert back to Windows 7 as I cannot access the computer. It is currently useless.

Thanks

KevinRuffner, Nov 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi JPol,

What pc are you using?
    Do you see the hard drive(s) in your BIOS?

6. JPol Win User
    Thanks for your advice, I followed the video through and added the USB drivers for my motherboard to a USB drive set up to install Windows, booting from that drive I get this screen:

Pressing F8 just causes the screen to go flicker black then back to that screen.

7. Cptpoi Win User
    I have the exact same problem and its annoying Cause Nothing work, have you solved it yet?

Cptpoi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options - Similar Threads - Unable Boot Stuck

2. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options: Yeah the usual open close doesnt work.Any other ideas on how to?This is happening after a bad system config info error.For context my pc was freezing forcing me to reset to infinite loading,I had no idea and just hard reseted and it got into that point after like a few mins...
  3. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options: Yeah the usual open close doesnt work.Any other ideas on how to?This is happening after a bad system config info error.For context my pc was freezing forcing me to reset to infinite loading,I had no idea and just hard reseted and it got into that point after like a few mins...
  4. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to find wifi option and troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find wifi option and troubleshooter: Suddenly unable to find wifi option and open troubleshooter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-wifi-option-and-troubleshooter/755c3167-8fce-47f4-b659-65227f6e2baa
  6. Unable to find wifi option and troubleshooter

Unable to find wifi option and troubleshooter: Suddenly unable to find wifi option and open troubleshooter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-wifi-option-and-troubleshooter/755c3167-8fce-47f4-b659-65227f6e2baa
  7. Booting into troubleshooting. Stuck in safeboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into troubleshooting. Stuck in safeboot: Hi all. I turned on safeboot through msconfig and restarted my computer, booted up in safe mode normally but I couldn't select the normal boot option so I restarted. After that my computer keeps on booting straight into troubleshooting. What I tried:Troubleshoot > System...
  8. Booting into troubleshooting. Stuck in safeboot

Booting into troubleshooting. Stuck in safeboot: Hi all. I turned on safeboot through msconfig and restarted my computer, booted up in safe mode normally but I couldn't select the normal boot option so I restarted. After that my computer keeps on booting straight into troubleshooting. What I tried:Troubleshoot > System...
  9. Windows won't boot and stuck on troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and stuck on troubleshoot: Help! I don't know what to do anymore. Windows won't boot. Everytime I turn on my laptop I'll only get Asus logo and please wait... then after that it proceeds to choosing keyboard layout and then I'm stuck with options troubleshoot and power off. The stuff I've tried so...
  10. Unable to boot: No boot options

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot: No boot options: I have dual booted Windows10 and Ubuntu 14.04, which has been working properly for about two weeks. I then had issues with grub (it would boot straight into Windows), which I fixed using boot-repair on my Ubuntu installation usb. After fixing that and checking to make sure...