Windows 10: Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options

Discus and support Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, Recently updated Windows 10, now starting up I get this screen: [img] No option to continue to desktop, clicking on 'Troubleshoot' I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPol, Nov 22, 2017.

1. JPol Win User

Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options

Hey,
    Recently updated Windows 10, now starting up I get this screen:

Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options [​IMG]

No option to continue to desktop, clicking on 'Troubleshoot' I get this:

'System Restore' gives me "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore". Restarting gives me no option to select an operating system, just returns me to this screen.
    'Start-up Repair' says that it can't repair my computer.
    'Go back to the previous version' says it can't take me back to a previous version of Windows. Suggests selecting 'Reset this PC' from the troubleshooting options, but it's not there.
    I tried getting some help from the official support forum, but didn't get very far. I tried using a USB drive prepped by the Windows Media Creation Tool, this didn't change the outcome of any of the options and trying to do a clean install of Windows, I got this:

Been wrestling with this issue for a few days now, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

:)

2. I'm unable to login to my computer. Please help.

After a safe boot i enabled and disabled an option in msconfig after which on restarting i dont see sigb in option. I'm unable to perform a safe boot too. I'm stuck. Please help.

Stephen Tauro, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update won't boot

I upgraded my Dell Studio XPS from Windows 7 to 10. After the update finished installing I am unable to boot my laptop. It gets stuck after the Windows logo on a please wait screen. I am unable to boot in safe mode as F8 is not taking me to options. I'm
    not able to revert back to Windows 7 as I cannot access the computer. It is currently useless.

Thanks

KevinRuffner, Nov 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi JPol,

What pc are you using?
    Do you see the hard drive(s) in your BIOS?

6. JPol Win User
    Thanks for your advice, I followed the video through and added the USB drivers for my motherboard to a USB drive set up to install Windows, booting from that drive I get this screen:

Pressing F8 just causes the screen to go flicker black then back to that screen.

7. Cptpoi Win User
    I have the exact same problem and its annoying Cause Nothing work, have you solved it yet?

Cptpoi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options - Similar Threads - Unable Boot Stuck

2. Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS: So what has been happening is that my windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire Es 15) has only been booting to troubleshooting and it never says continue to Windows 10, I'm unsure if it is booting to the wrong partition. Also I am u a le to use bcdedit because it says, and I quote "The...
  3. Stuck in boot loop, no options work

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop, no options work: My laptop recently gave out on me and nothing I do has made it work I just want to save my files and do a reinstall of windows. Things i've tried, reseting to previous update - gives me an error that its not successful and reboots back to the bios. Bootrec - tells me I have 0...
  4. Options are missing in troubleshoot category

Options are missing in troubleshoot category: Pressing and holding shift key and restarting will take me to the blue coloured screen with troubleshoot option ...this troubleshoot option usually contains 5-6 option but i have only 1 option...i.e startup settings with only 9 options and nothing happen for pressing f10......
  5. Troubleshoot options are missing

Troubleshoot options are missing: There are no options except startup settings....no startup repair, no repairs happen when my system crashes...please give me some solution... Thank you for your support in advance...
  6. No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc: Since last year’s major update, my desktop has hung during bootup about half of the time. Automatic Repair has run hundreds of times with no result other than delay. Once into Windows it has worked fine. Today after a normal bootup, a white screen appeared. I could move the...
  7. Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop: I searched half of the internet and had everything i couldn't fix that can be done on others computer but not mines because mines don't even have the file or every option doesn't work at all. I have tried everything and to the point of giving up, I've tried the recovery usb...
  8. Stuck in blue boot options loop

Stuck in blue boot options loop: When I turned on my laptop it seemingly went through the normal boot process before loading the light blue boot options screen, where I had the option to restore or reset the computer or continue to windows 10. I initially assumed I had accidentally pressed some button to...
  9. Unable to run Troubleshooters !!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to run Troubleshooters !!: When trying to run any troubleshooters the following error is generated: Help ? *Smile Error 0x80096005 Wally [img] 20899
  10. Unable to boot: No boot options

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot: No boot options: I have dual booted Windows10 and Ubuntu 14.04, which has been working properly for about two weeks. I then had issues with grub (it would boot straight into Windows), which I fixed using boot-repair on my Ubuntu installation usb. After fixing that and checking to make sure...