Windows 10: Unable to boot windows10 using my USB (FAT32)

Discus and support Unable to boot windows10 using my USB (FAT32) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The past several days, I've been trying toboot up a new Win10 version from a 16gb flash drive formatted in Fat32 with the Windows Media Tool on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreenPiece666, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Unable to boot windows10 using my USB (FAT32)

The past several days, I've been trying toboot up a new Win10 version from a 16gb flash drive formatted in Fat32 with the Windows Media Tool on my fresh new pc, from my mac laptop.

1st time, it says "Missing operating system", so Ive come up with a guy's video trying to solve the problem (he said because of the "install_wim" file inside the iso file that wasn't copying as it should be on the flash or something like that). I've also put my flash drive up in boot priority #1 (UEFI mode) which I didn't do in the first place. I did put it in boot priority #1 before, but not the "uefi" version.

When I tried after that, there's just nothing happening, only the logo of my motherboard appearing. But if I try to boot up my flash drive in legacy, the screen says: "Reboot and Select proper boot device Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key".

My thoughts on this:

1) I've downloaded the Media Installer Tool from a mac. But then again, there's a tone of people that seems it has work for them. I thought about asking a friend to donwload it from his PC, so it would be windows to windows, but I feel like it's not that.

2) Flash drive format isn't good. Though I've tried to format it on NTFS thru Paragon Software but I've never been able to actually copy/paste thing in there. It was always on"read only" and didn't find any solution for that, so in the end I've never tried NTFS formatted usb.

3) There is something I'm missing in my BIOS and I don't know what it is...

4) Maybe it's the key..? And this is the next thing I'm gonna try.

If anybody has any tips for that, I will gladly take them and try something!

Thank you

submitted by /u/GreenPiece666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GreenPiece666, Jan 20, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to format USB in Fat32?

My notebook only offer UEFI under window 10, MBR is not available, when I boot from FAT32 USB, I can only see the Samsung Logo and stop. I would like to know on whether bootable USB under Fat32 can able to work under UEFI environment or not.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Jan 20, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Ar3s Win User

Unable to boot windows10 using my USB (FAT32)

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Thema:

Unable to boot windows10 using my USB (FAT32)

1. Unable to boot windows10 using my USB (FAT32) - Similar Threads - Unable boot windows10

2. 64GB usb to FAT32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64GB usb to FAT32: I'am a dj and dj devices only support fat32. I can format my usb to FAT32 but is this process harmful? or i need a new 32GB usb? can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64gb-usb-to-fat32/0f612142-3a6b-40df-b864-e1e66189e929
  3. 64GB usb to FAT32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64GB usb to FAT32: I'am a dj and dj devices only support fat32. I can format my usb to FAT32 but is this process harmful? or i need a new 32GB usb? can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64gb-usb-to-fat32/0f612142-3a6b-40df-b864-e1e66189e929
  4. 64GB usb to FAT32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only fat32 usb: I have a REALLY old fat32 formatted usb with 8gigs on it that is somehow formatted to read only. how would i go about regaining ownership? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-fat32-usb/f80270e1-b65f-4791-9762-418466d4822e
  6. Unable to format Fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format Fat32: As the subject header eays, I'm unable to format to FAT32.The only choices I have are NTFS & exFAT.Has Microsoft removed the choice to format in FAT16/32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-fat32/22183b77-8591-4731-88da-8c0570ba3f1e
  7. booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive: Help me understand this plaease!!. My laptop has crashed and will not reboot, I beleive I have the "blue screen of death" and auto repair loop of doom. None of the recovery options work including full refresh which deletes everything. So my next step was to download win10 ISO...
  8. Urgent help PC wont boot from usb FAT32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Urgent help PC wont boot from usb FAT32: Ok this is the run down; I have two PCs, both Motherboards are ASUS. I have successfully installed OS10 on PC2 but having troubles with PC1. I have got a USB FAT32 and installed that Windows creation tool for windows 10 64 bit PRO. I then switched off my PC inserted my new...
  9. Unable to process FAT32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to process FAT32: Hi, My laptop is running windows 10.0.16299.248 and suddenly it is unable to read FAT32 partitions. Plugging in a USB flash drive formatted with FAT32 file system, the system will complain of it needs to be formatted. Creating a FAT32 partition in the laptop hard...
  10. USB install - Fat32 OR NTFS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB install - Fat32 OR NTFS ?: Fresh Installing Windows 10 and before downloading file, I was thinking if I should format my drive to Fat32 OR NTFS OR exFAT? Does it make any difference ? - Plz Guide me. 13799