Windows 10: Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

Discus and support Unable to boot without dual boot HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here's my situation: I have two Windows 10 installations, one in an HDD and one in an SSD. I want to get rid of the HDD but I can't. My computer won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LyaksandraB, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

Here's my situation: I have two Windows 10 installations, one in an HDD and one in an SSD. I want to get rid of the HDD but I can't. My computer won't boot if the HDD isn't present. In Computer Management, I can see the HDD flagged as system and the SSD flagged as bootable. I imagine that's the issue or part of it. How do I make my SSD everything I need to boot so I can get rid of the HDD?

:)

LyaksandraB, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Jun 20, 2019
  3. dcf-joe Win User
    dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC's July 2019 issue is on sale now! | TechRadar (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Jun 20, 2019
  4. gygabite Win User

Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

1. Unable to boot without dual boot HDD - Similar Threads - Unable boot without

2. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows without dual boot: Hello, i have 2 m.2 ssd's that i want to install windows on however it seems that if i try to install a second instance of windows on the second one it automatically enables the windows dual boot stuff. For my practice i have to make sure this doesnt happen and so far the...
  3. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows without dual boot: Hello, i have 2 m.2 ssd's that i want to install windows on however it seems that if i try to install a second instance of windows on the second one it automatically enables the windows dual boot stuff. For my practice i have to make sure this doesnt happen and so far the...
  4. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual Boot without USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot without USB: Hello guys I have to boot another OS on my UEFI Windows 10 however I do not have USB Stick and due to the virus lockdown I cannot go outside to buy a new one. Is there any software to let me boot these two OS with only using my Internal Drive (SSD). Thanks in advance....
  6. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot: Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.[IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!! ***Original title: Dual boot***...
  7. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's: Hi all, I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me. Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed...
  8. How to Dual Boot Multiple HDD's

How to Dual Boot Multiple HDD's: First and foremost to the Moderators if this isn't the right place I apologize. It seems right. Here is what I have: 3 Internal HDD's: One is my main Windows 10 Installation and the other 2 are simple storage. What I want: Install Windows 7 to one of them and dual...
  9. Dual Boot without access to other drive?

Dual Boot without access to other drive?: Hi What I would like to do is install two instances of windows 10 on one machine, each on its own ssd hard drive with a normal hard drive for data etc. However I do not want them to be able to access / see the other operating systems drive, thus creating two separate...
  10. Taking out dual boot without reformatin

Taking out dual boot without reformatin: I am dual booting with Win7. I have not used 7 in a few months. I want to know if there is a way to delete and merge the partition that Win7 is on. Also I want to know how to get rid of the dual boot screen and just go with the reg Win10 boot screen. 26281