Windows 10: Unable to boot without flash drive

Discus and support Unable to boot without flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have install window 10 pro 64 bit through flash drive and now without the flash drive window doesn't boot up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sherabwangs, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Unable to boot without flash drive

I have install window 10 pro 64 bit through flash drive and now without the flash drive window doesn't boot up.

:)

sherabwangs, Oct 29, 2019

2. Computer booting up slow and unable to add files to flash drive

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot
    and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

With regards to USB flash drive as its not working with different computers as well, you may need to get in touch with the USB flash drive manufacturer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Win 10 booting from DVD or Flash drive

I have upgraded a Lenovo G40-70 from 8 to 8.1 to 10. All is well except I am unable to set either a DVD or Flash drive as the first boot option. I have tried every suggestion on the internet, upgraded my BIOS and nothing works. It always boots from the boot
    manager.

The bios says the flash drive is activated, but it still will not boot from the flash drive.

Thomas McGranahan, Oct 29, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Unable to boot without flash drive

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Unable to boot without flash drive

1. Unable to boot without flash drive - Similar Threads - Unable boot without

2. unable to open a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open a flash drive: Unable to see the drives in my computer to open a flash drive. When I insert the flash drive, it is not prompting me automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-a-flash-drive/09d03ac3-420f-463b-a25d-5ea19605444b
  3. unable to open a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open a flash drive: Unable to see the drives in my computer to open a flash drive. When I insert the flash drive, it is not prompting me automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-a-flash-drive/09d03ac3-420f-463b-a25d-5ea19605444b
  4. Unable to Boot to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to Flash Drive: So far I've tried to boot form a flash drive created by 2 different 3rd party imaging software programs.The BIOS boot order is fine.After restarting I see no 'Press any key to boot to whatever drive...At first I thought it was the program but since neither booted to the flash...
  5. Unable to boot into windows flashing line

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows flashing line: Hi guys so my older PC which im currently using while i wait for RMA doesn't automatically boot into my SSD. It did yesterday but now all i see is a blinking line on boot. However if i go to the boot menu and select my SSD my PC will boot no issues which i didnt have to do...
  6. Windows 10 does not boot successfully without USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not boot successfully without USB flash drive.: Hello, I did an oopsie by deleting my Ubuntu partition, containing the GRUB menu. I was unable to boot my PC into windows or even get the GRUB menu working of course, since I deleted it on accident Face palming. I went to my nearest store, got a 16gb sandisk USB Flash Drive,...
  7. BitLocker without TPM but using a flash drive - doesn't need flash to boot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker without TPM but using a flash drive - doesn't need flash to boot.: I'm trying to understand how full-disk bitlocker works as I intend deploying it on a number of PCs, not all of which have a TPM. I enabled bitlocker on a windows 10 laptop which does have a TPM but I elected not to use it. Instead, I saved the key to a USB flash drive. My...
  8. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  9. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...
  10. Unable to open files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to open files on flash drive: I recently purchased a new computer and when I attempt to open any of the files from a flash drive, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect" 127716