Windows 10: Unable to boot.

Discus and support Unable to boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I've been having this problem for awhile now, I have an acer computer with Windows 10 installed on it, I have used it for about 0.8 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chu Kai Le, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Unable to boot.

Hey guys, so I've been having this problem for awhile now, I have an acer computer with Windows 10 installed on it, I have used it for about 0.8 years without problem already.

So a month ago I had problems with my hard drive and I left the repairing overnight to leave it to repair, and it did, and I thought, I thought... that was the end of my problems.

But no.

Now, I booted up my computer, it went normal, suddenly, it told me I needed to restart. It told me to check Microsoft.com/stopcode or something, and if I received assistance, I was told to give this code : UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

I was confused, I let it restart, it said Preparing automatic repair. I moaned out a long "fuckkkkkkkk mateeeeee". I knew what it meant.

After 15 seconds of loading, the screen turned black. I was confused, I had never experienced this. Normally it would be diagnosing your PC, but no?

I restarted the computer. This time, it skipped straight to the preparing automatic repair and yep. you guessed it, **** black screen came back out like it was my math teacher everyday. I hated it.

So tried restarting and Turning it on again, same things above ^ BSoD, and upright preparing auto repair came out. I searched the Web on my 2nd laptop for help.

I tried to use F2 on boot to change some boot settings or something, but it was too confusing to me, so I just skipped it.

I found out you could download Windows Media Creation Tool on a USB drive, so I downloaded it on my 16gb cruzer blade, totally empty already. I also downloaded it on a external hard drive, which had 221/290gb space, and downloaded it on there.

I tried booting on it, but nothing works, I tried running Recoverytool.exe, but still, I downloaded it, and it was a bitch.

I'm really deciding to give up or send it to someone to fix it, but it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg.

What should I do? I don't have warranty. Should I contact a professional?

:)

Chu Kai Le, Oct 11, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 11, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to boot.

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Unable to boot.

1. Unable to boot. - Similar Threads - Unable boot

2. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?: I was playing a game till suddenly it freezes and i get YSOD Yellow Screen Of Death after YSOD is done my laptop dont have any driver to boot and proceed to take me to BIOS. Can someone please tell me so i can recover the data of my drive before YSOD and make it bootable...
  3. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?: I was playing a game till suddenly it freezes and i get YSOD Yellow Screen Of Death after YSOD is done my laptop dont have any driver to boot and proceed to take me to BIOS. Can someone please tell me so i can recover the data of my drive before YSOD and make it bootable...
  4. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to install Windows 11 on dual-boot system with openSUSE Tumbleweed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Windows 11 on dual-boot system with openSUSE Tumbleweed: I'm trying to install Windows 11 alongside my existing openSUSE Tumbleweed installation on a Lenovo laptop. However, I'm encountering issues during the Windows 11 installation process.When I reach the "Where do you want to install Windows?" step during the Windows 11...
  6. Unable to install Windows 11 on dual-boot system with openSUSE Tumbleweed

Unable to install Windows 11 on dual-boot system with openSUSE Tumbleweed: I'm trying to install Windows 11 alongside my existing openSUSE Tumbleweed installation on a Lenovo laptop. However, I'm encountering issues during the Windows 11 installation process.When I reach the "Where do you want to install Windows?" step during the Windows 11...
  7. Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode: Hi I shut down my laptop and when I turn it on it’s on preparing automatic repair screen after a while it crashes so I can’t go into safe mode. I try getting into safe mode with f11 and f9 but the same thing still happens so what do I do?...
  8. Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode

Unable to boot windows 11 or get into safe mode: Hi I shut down my laptop and when I turn it on it’s on preparing automatic repair screen after a while it crashes so I can’t go into safe mode. I try getting into safe mode with f11 and f9 but the same thing still happens so what do I do?...
  9. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition: Due to a previous unrelated problem, I had cloned my primary SSD onto another of the same size 1tb. I then wiped my primary drive and reinstalled windows 10 onto it. After copying files across from my secondary SSD to my primary, I eventually got around to wiping my secondary...
  10. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition: Due to a previous unrelated problem, I had cloned my primary SSD onto another of the same size 1tb. I then wiped my primary drive and reinstalled windows 10 onto it. After copying files across from my secondary SSD to my primary, I eventually got around to wiping my secondary...