Windows 10: unable to browse and use cortana

Discus and support unable to browse and use cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I face a problem with using Cortana and browsing on the internet. When I try to use the search options, the keyboard gets stuck and I can not type... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ShawnZ77, Sep 8, 2020.

1. ShawnZ77 Win User

unable to browse and use cortana

I face a problem with using Cortana and browsing on the internet. When I try to use the search options, the keyboard gets stuck and I can not type anything. I have Windows 10 Education installed, version KB4073543

:)

ShawnZ77, Sep 8, 2020

2. Cortana Off - Unable To Turn Cortana On

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to enable Cortana. I would suggest you to refer the discussion in the thread mentioned below which might give you the answer of your query.

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows
    10?

If you have Windows 10 pro installed then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Open Gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

Open an elevated command prompt and run: gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Cortana

Hi,

A Windows service may be preventing you from enabling Cortana on your computer. Please answer a few things for us to know how we can deliver the best resolution to your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you switch on Cortana?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

See Sachin Venkatesh's suggestion on this
    page
    to enable Cortana on your computer.

Let us know if you're able to fix the problem after following the steps.

Come back if you need additional assistance.

Ruz San, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. unable to browse and use cortana - Similar Threads - unable browse cortana

2. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  3. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  4. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to use notebook feature in cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use notebook feature in cortana: Cortana says that my account needs an upadate to be able to use the notebook feature. What exactly do I have to do with my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-notebook-feature-in-cortana/f4e4e762-08c4-4d48-aeca-ac684a1d1280
  6. Unable to use Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use Cortana: Hi, I am having issues with my Cortana. When I ask Hey Cortana, Cortana opens for about a second before closing again. She is responding to my mic but just doesn't work. I have done multiple mic tests and my mic works fine. ***Modified title from: Cortana***...
  7. Unable to use Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use Cortana: When I try to use Cortana it says: Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything. Tap here to make sure Cortana can hear you. Then when I try to open Windows Speech Recognition it says this: Wizard could not launch The Wizard could not start Make sure your audio hardware...
  8. Unable to open apps using Cortana.

in Cortana
    Unable to open apps using Cortana.: *I have a system running with French as the main language, sentences I put here are translations* Hey, I've been toying with Cortana, and enabled 'Hey Cortana'. I've been trying to use it to open Microsoft Word 2016 lately, but witnessed something strange. At first I...
  9. cortana browsing with firefox

in Cortana
    cortana browsing with firefox: Can cortana be set to search in firefox instead of Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-browsing-with-firefox/80f74856-7fa3-4c58-b801-eb3f87200195"
  10. Unable to Browse Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Browse Internet: My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site...