Windows 10: Unable to browse certain websites

Discus and support Unable to browse certain websites in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nathanReinbott, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Unable to browse certain websites

Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these websites fine, but cant browse.Further to this microsoft services cant access the internet eg. outlook and microsoft updates.The laptop works fine on a diffent network and other laptops work fine on this network.I have done a fresh install of windows to no avail.I will reset the router back to factory specs tonight to see if that fixes the issue but thought I would ask here first.

:)

nathanReinbott, Oct 21, 2021

2. Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Unable to view images on websites

Hi Denis,

To assist you better please help us with the below information.

• Which Web browser are you using to use view the Website?
    • Is the issue specific to certain website or all the websites?
    If you are using Microsoft Edge make sure adobe flash player is turned on.

To Turn on adobe flash player: Open Edge> go to More > Settings > Advance settings > Turn on Use adobe flash player>

Under the same advance settings tab scroll down, under cookies dropdown select “Don’t block cookies”.

Suggest you clear the Clear browsing data
    option of Microsoft Edge and check if you still face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings.
    • Select choose what to clear under Clear browsing data, then tick the checkbox (es) for the information that you want to clear.
    Microsoft Edge help

Microsoft Edge help & learning - Microsoft Support

If you are using Internet explorer I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Clear the SSL state

In some instances there may be corrupted information in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cache; this corrupted information can cause websites to not load correctly. This information is cleared each time you
    restart your computer but can be removed by using the Clear SSL State option in Internet Explorer without having to restart your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer

b) In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options

c) Click the Content tab, and then click Clear SSL state

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Unable to browse certain websites

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Unable to browse certain websites

1. Unable to browse certain websites - Similar Threads - Unable browse certain

2. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access certain websites: I am unable to access certain websites on my pc, it just comes up with a screen saying 'this site can't be reached', I've checked the connection and the proxy and the firewall but when it comes to trying to run windows network diagnostics, it says 'An error has occurred while...
  3. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access certain websites: I am unable to access certain websites on my pc, it just comes up with a screen saying 'this site can't be reached', I've checked the connection and the proxy and the firewall but when it comes to trying to run windows network diagnostics, it says 'An error has occurred while...
  4. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access certain websites???: Recently bought a new desktop and after I hooking everything up, I found that I couldn't visit websites like roblox.I think it's a DNS problem, but the tips I found after doing a search didn't seem to help. The only temp fix was plugging the ethernet cord into a different...
  6. Unable to access certain websites???

Unable to access certain websites???: Recently bought a new desktop and after I hooking everything up, I found that I couldn't visit websites like roblox.I think it's a DNS problem, but the tips I found after doing a search didn't seem to help. The only temp fix was plugging the ethernet cord into a different...
  7. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Unable to browse certain websites

Unable to browse certain websites: Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these websites fine, but cant browse.Further to this microsoft services cant access the internet eg. outlook and microsoft updates.The...
  9. Unable to browse certain websites

Unable to browse certain websites: Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these websites fine, but cant browse.Further to this microsoft services cant access the internet eg. outlook and microsoft updates.The...
  10. Website Browsing

Website Browsing: Some of website isn't browsing to my browser. It shows that "Can't connect securely to this page." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-browsing/6d7d018d-b1ca-4ba6-99b8-787e5bf39803