Windows 10: Unable to browse Macrium backup

Discus and support Unable to browse Macrium backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am running Win10/64 Home Ver. 1903 Build 18362.145 with no problems. I just discovered Macrium Reflect Ver. 7.2.4228 will not allow me to browse my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bbinnard, Jun 4, 2019.

1. bbinnard Win User

Unable to browse Macrium backup

I am running Win10/64 Home Ver. 1903 Build 18362.145 with no problems. I just discovered Macrium Reflect Ver. 7.2.4228 will not allow me to browse my backup files. I get all the proper dialogs, but when I click the C: image to browse nothing happens other than a 5 sec. window that shows the details of the backup file and then disappears.

I've used the Browse function many times before - in fact it is one of the key features I often use. But now it has stopped working. Nothing I've found by Google shows this problem so I'm wondering if there is something broken with my system. If so - how to find out what it is?

:)

bbinnard, Jun 4, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Unable to browse Macrium backup [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 4, 2019
  3. provlima Win User
    macrium....unable to drag drop partitions to target drive

I am following directions to clone hdd to external backup using Macrium but am unable to drag and drop partitions to target drive
    see below capture...am I missing a step?
    thanks for your help

provlima, Jun 4, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Backup Aborted-Macrium unable to back up disk

Backup aborted! - Unable to read
    from disk - Error Code 23 - Data error (cyclic redundancy
    check).

This suggests your disk may be failing. Try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - best for an instant comprehensible short report on its GUI.

Else anything that checks SMART parameters. E.g. HD Tune, Crystal Diskinfo.

Note: such utilities often perform background disk monitoring - ideal for notifying you of degraded disks.

Google could have interpreted this:

Unable to browse Macrium backup [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to browse Macrium backup - Similar Threads - Unable browse Macrium

2. Macrium unable to browse backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium unable to browse backup: When I try to browse my current Macrium full image backup nothing happens. After selecting the backup file, clicking Browse Backup, and selecting the drive letter all I get is a small window that shows the backup file info, and then just disappears. The backup file is not...
  3. Modified Macrium backup

Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  4. Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free

Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free: I have been stuck for a long time trying to make a backup of a newly created Disk Image. Whatever changes I make to the address of the destination folder I get a popup saying the 'destination folder path is contained within the Image'. I don't know what this means or what to...
  5. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  6. Backup Aborted-Macrium unable to back up disk

Backup Aborted-Macrium unable to back up disk: After working fine for several months, Macrium Reflect Free is unable to back up my 4tb data drive. I have run disk check from the command line, run Western Digital Lifeguard diagnostics, Crucial diagnostics, still no luck. No problems with windows or third party software...
  7. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  8. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  9. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...