Windows 10: Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a problem with network share I am unable to browse network share of another computer if I signed into Microsoft account If I sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by madmax2, Apr 16, 2016.

1. madmax2 Win User

Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account

I am having a problem with network share

I am unable to browse network share of another computer if I signed into Microsoft account

If I sign into a local account, then I can browse another computer network share folders.

How to fix this?

:)

madmax2, Apr 16, 2016
  2. gh1952 Win User

I can't sign into my Microsoft account

I'm having the same problem. I've tried all of the suggestions. Nothing is working. I can get into the store and browse, however I am unable to download any of the applications. When I try to sign in with my Microsoft account a blank sign in window
    appears for a few seconds and then it disappears.

gh1952, Apr 16, 2016
  3. ssbtech Win User
    Network path not found when browsing from within an application

I have an odd problem here.

Windows 10 Home

WD MyBook Live

Windows user account: Microsoft User Account

MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password

I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my desktop. Interestingly, when I entered my username and password I did NOT click "save password", but access to the shares remains even after rebooting the PC - scary security
    issue here.

Anyway, the bigger problem is this - through my backup program, Macrium Reflect, I attempt to browse to the abovementioned share to pick a backup destination. This results in a Windows error "The network path can't be found".

Any thoughts? Thanks.

ssbtech, Apr 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I have 3 computers, Desktop running Win 10 Pro X64 using a local account, Webserver running Windows 7 Pro X64 and my Laptop running Windows 10 Pro X64 using a Microsoft Account.

I was having the same problem. I opened Credential Manager, clicked on Windows Credentials then added a new credential.

In Internet or Network address I put Desktop (the name of the computer)
    In User name I put the name of my local user account on Desktop
    In password I put the password for that account
    Clicked OK

Now I can browse all shares on Desktop. Did the same for Webserver.

Edit: I just tried copying some files from my Laptop to my Desktop from the Desktop and it failed, access denied, invalid password. I had setup a credential on my Desktop for the Laptop Microsoft Account but messed up the password, thus the error. Corrected the password in the credential and it works great again.

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2016
  5. madmax2 Win User
    i will give this a try and report back.
    Is there any pro or con of using MS account to login vs local account login?

The main benefit i can see is being able to use PIN.

madmax2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable browse network

2. Unable to sign in to administrators account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to administrators account: i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Account unable to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account unable to sign in: Hello, My admin account is not showing on sign in screen and when I try to sign in using local account an error displayed showing 'The user profile service failed the sign in'. I try to boot in safe mode but the problem remain same .Please help....
  4. Unable to sign in with Microsoft account, error: Microsoft account doesn’t exist

Unable to sign in with Microsoft account, error: Microsoft account doesn’t exist: hi. I am using my id *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for my Microsoft account. since 24-2-2019 iam not able to log in using my Microsoft account. it says account doesn't exist. I changed the alias for this account on 24-2-2019. since then it is not working. my...
  5. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  6. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  8. Signing on Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing on Microsoft account: I selected Cortana for setup and it ask me to sign in and I can, but than it asks for my old password and I have no idea what it was. There doesn't be any help for this problem. Can't go forward. Thanks for any help. Bob 12375
  9. Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account: Oh bother... I'm running Windows 10 9879 in VMWare Workstation 10, this the third build that has this problem. I cannot and it will not let me sign into my Microsoft Account to start out with. The error code only seems to pertain to some Windows Update error on other...
  10. Can't browse network shares?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't browse network shares?: After 1511 update this morning and changing nothing else, I can no longer access \\computername.... What gives? Any suggestions? 30384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network share microsoft account pin

2. unable to browse network share if signed into microsoft account