Windows 10: Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a problem with network share I am unable to browse network share of another computer if I signed into Microsoft account If I sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by madmax2, Apr 16, 2016.

1. madmax2 Win User

Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account

I am having a problem with network share

I am unable to browse network share of another computer if I signed into Microsoft account

If I sign into a local account, then I can browse another computer network share folders.

How to fix this?

:)

madmax2, Apr 16, 2016
  2. gh1952 Win User

I can't sign into my Microsoft account

I'm having the same problem. I've tried all of the suggestions. Nothing is working. I can get into the store and browse, however I am unable to download any of the applications. When I try to sign in with my Microsoft account a blank sign in window
    appears for a few seconds and then it disappears.

gh1952, Apr 16, 2016
  3. ssbtech Win User
    Network path not found when browsing from within an application

I have an odd problem here.

Windows 10 Home

WD MyBook Live

Windows user account: Microsoft User Account

MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password

I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my desktop. Interestingly, when I entered my username and password I did NOT click "save password", but access to the shares remains even after rebooting the PC - scary security
    issue here.

Anyway, the bigger problem is this - through my backup program, Macrium Reflect, I attempt to browse to the abovementioned share to pick a backup destination. This results in a Windows error "The network path can't be found".

Any thoughts? Thanks.

ssbtech, Apr 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I have 3 computers, Desktop running Win 10 Pro X64 using a local account, Webserver running Windows 7 Pro X64 and my Laptop running Windows 10 Pro X64 using a Microsoft Account.

I was having the same problem. I opened Credential Manager, clicked on Windows Credentials then added a new credential.

In Internet or Network address I put Desktop (the name of the computer)
    In User name I put the name of my local user account on Desktop
    In password I put the password for that account
    Clicked OK

Now I can browse all shares on Desktop. Did the same for Webserver.

Edit: I just tried copying some files from my Laptop to my Desktop from the Desktop and it failed, access denied, invalid password. I had setup a credential on my Desktop for the Laptop Microsoft Account but messed up the password, thus the error. Corrected the password in the credential and it works great again.

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2016
  5. madmax2 Win User
    i will give this a try and report back.
    Is there any pro or con of using MS account to login vs local account login?

The main benefit i can see is being able to use PIN.

madmax2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to browse network share if signed into Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable browse network

2. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account sign in issue and browsing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account sign in issue and browsing issue: Hi, I am currently having 2 issues. The first is connecting my Windows to my Microsoft account. I'm currently in a locaI account. I always get an error code when I try. It will tell me I need to connect to the internet but I am connected. I had reset my pc to factory settings...
  6. Microsoft account sign in issue and browsing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account sign in issue and browsing issue: Hi, I am currently having 2 issues. The first is connecting my Windows to my Microsoft account. I'm currently in a locaI account. I always get an error code when I try. It will tell me I need to connect to the internet but I am connected. I had reset my pc to factory settings...
  7. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  8. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  9. Windows 10: Unable to browse to network shares folder in Explorer,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Unable to browse to network shares folder in Explorer,: Windows 10 Unable to browse to network shares folder in Explorer, but user has this share folder access as mapped network drive, but in explorer, user trying to open a file from shared drive, dive is invisible only i can see c drive, no share drive. need advice...
  10. Can't browse network shares?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't browse network shares?: After 1511 update this morning and changing nothing else, I can no longer access \\computername.... What gives? Any suggestions? 30384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network share microsoft account pin

2. unable to browse network share if signed into microsoft account