Windows 10: unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

Discus and support unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by llrands, Apr 29, 2019.

1. llrands Win User

unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to windows, after that only edge was able to brows websites.

edge works

windows update works

battle.net works

chrome does not work

opera does not work

my system is:

msi x470

amd ryzen 7 2700

gigabyte gtx 1660 ti

this is the second time I have installed windows with the same result

thanks

:)

llrands, Apr 29, 2019

2. I cannot browse internet on EDGE browser

Hi Joseph,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I understand that you are not able to browse Internet on EDGE browser.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you use any proxy connection on your Windows 10 computer.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.

Note: You may try to check if the issue persist in the private browsing. Open the EDGE browser,
    Click on the More actions (…) button on top right corner of EDGE and click on
    New InPrivate Window to browse the internet in private Window.

If the issue still persist, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect,
    corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to refer the below link on how to perform System File Checker and check if it helps.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Reference: I suggest you to refer to the below thread and check if it helps.

Edge not working at all

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Apr 29, 2019
  4. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

edge browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

If you are still facing the same issue, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Go to Settings.

• Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

• Select the options and click on Clear button.

I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer on your computer and check. Resetting Internet Explorer shall effect the behavior of Microsoft Edge browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

1. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser - Similar Threads - unable browse internet

2. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  3. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  4. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER: Hello, I am not able to browse the specific web server using Edge browser, though it works using Google Chrome from the same PC. i ahve checked following already and could conclude the resason. " dns " is set to " automatic " on the network property NSLOOKUP givne the correct...
  6. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER: Hello, I am not able to browse the specific web server using Edge browser, though it works using Google Chrome from the same PC. i ahve checked following already and could conclude the resason. " dns " is set to " automatic " on the network property NSLOOKUP givne the correct...
  7. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

8. Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome: Hello guys, Since the 23rd March I have been unable to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome. my now TV internet is still working correctly as my partners Apple Mac and both of our phones are still working. However, my laptop displays NO INTERNET connection with the...
  9. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...
  10. Unable to Browse Internet

Unable to Browse Internet: My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site...