Windows 10: Unable to browse the website with local DNS server

Discus and support Unable to browse the website with local DNS server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I am facing strange issue, while browsing a website if my workstation is configured with local DNS server AD_DNS . while the same website is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ammad Shah, May 6, 2021.

1. Unable to browse the website with local DNS server

Hello,I am facing strange issue, while browsing a website if my workstation is configured with local DNS server AD_DNS . while the same website is browsable over the DNS server without any issue. If I change the dns server and set as 8.8.8.8 I can browse the website. I have cleared the cache, restarted the DNS but the issue is not resolved it is appearing on multiple workstations.The record is a CNAME and there is no firewall issue as I can browse it after changing the DNS sever. Thanks.

:)

Ammad Shah, May 6, 2021
  2. Aquinus Win User

DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, May 6, 2021
  3. Local DNS Server

HI,

i am using TWO Diff Forest Dcs. One is pow.com another is bloom.com. both are same network and each DC hase its own DNS servers. For all my users using pow.com domain and DNS server as primary. bloom.com is my DEV servers DC. in this domain one server having
    IIS website. now i can able to browse this site by using host name and server IP address. now i want to browse this site with okg.vipow.com. please guide me how to set this.

Hari K PrasadBayereddy, May 6, 2021
  4. LeonLaude Win User

Unable to browse the website with local DNS server

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Unable to browse the website with local DNS server

1. Unable to browse the website with local DNS server - Similar Threads - Unable browse website

2. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  3. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  4. DNS Servers

DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  5. Unable to browse certain websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to browse certain websites: Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these websites fine, but cant browse.Further to this microsoft services cant access the internet eg. outlook and microsoft updates.The...
  6. Unable to browse certain websites

Unable to browse certain websites: Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these websites fine, but cant browse.Further to this microsoft services cant access the internet eg. outlook and microsoft updates.The...
  7. Unable to browse certain websites

8. Website Browsing

Website Browsing: Some of website isn't browsing to my browser. It shows that "Can't connect securely to this page." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-browsing/6d7d018d-b1ca-4ba6-99b8-787e5bf39803
  9. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  10. Local DNS Server

Local DNS Server: HI, i am using TWO Diff Forest Dcs. One is pow.com another is bloom.com. both are same network and each DC hase its own DNS servers. For all my users using pow.com domain and DNS server as primary. bloom.com is my DEV servers DC. in this domain one server having IIS...