Windows 10: Unable to burn cd

Discus and support Unable to burn cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am able to rip cd's but when trying to burn on to blank rewritable cd from windows 10 the burn goes up to around 96-99% then ejects saying there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jogj&t, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Jogj&t Win User

Unable to burn cd

I am able to rip cd's but when trying to burn on to blank rewritable cd from windows 10 the burn goes up to around 96-99% then ejects saying there was an error or difficulty in finishing the burn. Any helpful solutions please? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver to no avail.

:)

Jogj&t, Jun 16, 2020

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Unable to burn cd

Unable to burn CDs, it appears the burn process is finished but the CD is still blank

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Which application are you using to burn the disc?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to burn the CDs.

• Insert the disc, open file explorer and click on the file you want to burn.
    • Click on Share tab on top of the left pane and Burn to disc.
    You can also visit the below link on Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/help/videos/burn-a-cd#tab=pictures

For more information visit the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-7

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to burn cd

1. Unable to burn cd - Similar Threads - Unable burn

2. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  3. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  4. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SOLVED: Windows 10 and Inability to Burn Blank CD/DVD and/or Windows 10 Unable to Read...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: Windows 10 and Inability to Burn Blank CD/DVD and/or Windows 10 Unable to Read...: I had posted here and on other sites about not being able to Burn blank DVDs and/or my PC was no longer able to read blank DVDs after the May 2021 Windows 10 Feature update 20H2.After searching and posting for over 5 months, trying to use an external DVD player more advice -...
  6. SOLVED: Windows 10 and Inability to Burn Blank CD/DVD and/or Windows 10 Unable to Read...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLVED: Windows 10 and Inability to Burn Blank CD/DVD and/or Windows 10 Unable to Read...: I had posted here and on other sites about not being able to Burn blank DVDs and/or my PC was no longer able to read blank DVDs after the May 2021 Windows 10 Feature update 20H2.After searching and posting for over 5 months, trying to use an external DVD player more advice -...
  7. SOLVED: Windows 10 and Inability to Burn Blank CD/DVD and/or Windows 10 Unable to Read...

8. Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player

Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player: When trying to burn a CD in Windows Media Player, I'm getting an error message that states " Windows media player cannot burn the files, if the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have...
  9. Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive: I have been trying for days to copy photos from my laptop to a DVD and have had no success and keep having the same problem.Please can someone help? I am not technically minded at all, especially when it comes to computers but this should be an easy thing to do, surely? Move...
  10. Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10: Hi, I have a Dell Inspirion PC desktop. It suddenly refuses to burn Cds, despite it working before until now. I can't burn in both Itunes and Windows Media Player. The DVD/CD drive still works fine and picks up both DVDs and CD-Rs. When I burn a CD with Itunes, it now says...