Windows 10: Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive

Discus and support Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying for days to copy photos from my laptop to a DVD and have had no success and keep having the same problem.Please can someone help? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Debbie Holley, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive

I have been trying for days to copy photos from my laptop to a DVD and have had no success and keep having the same problem.Please can someone help? I am not technically minded at all, especially when it comes to computers but this should be an easy thing to do, surely? Move the item you want to copy to the DVD drive and BINGO! It is copied across? Nope :/I am using brand new Maxwell DVD -R 4.7GB 16x discs and a Rioddas External CD Drive, USB 3.0 Portable CD/DVD +/-Rw Drive Slim Dvd/CD Rom Rewriter Burner For Laptop&nbs

:)

Debbie Holley, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

DVD copy

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to copy the movie files from your DVD on your computer hard disk by opening the drive in the computer. You may follow the steps below -

• Insert the DVD in the CD\DVD drive.
    • Open computer, click on DVD drive, and Select the files you want to copy. To select all files, press Ctrl and A keys together, to select files randomly press Ctrl and left mouse click on the file.
    • Right click on the selected files, click on copy.
    • Select the location where you want to save those files, right click and paste it.
    Then you may insert the blank DVD and burn the disk using the Windows DVD Maker. You may refer to the below link for assistance in burning the DVD and other details -

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows DVD Maker -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Arul_D, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

My dell external DVD will not burn video dvd's. It will burn cd's using itunes but when I attempt to burn a video dvd, it copies it then tells me to put a blank dvd in the external drive. As soon as I do it ejects it and asks again for a blank dvd. I have
    used several different types of dvd's, - & + r, -& + rw and they all get ejected.

I did work with dell and the external dvd managed to burn a dvd that would only play on my computer. I need it to play on a regular dvd player. I was using roxio Easy cd & dvd burning. I had Roxio on a laptop that had XP and windows 7 and it worked just
    fine. How do I get the external drive to co-operate???

saundrabagby, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive

Burning RAR file to DVD?

Hi Harry,

With Windows, RAR files can only be opened using a third party application. You can check online for different applications that works with Windows to open RAR files.

To burn files to a DVD in Window 10, you can try these steps:

• Right-click the file and select Send to then DVD
      Drive.
    • Open File Explorer, select your DVD
      drive, and then select Finish burning.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive

1. Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive - Similar Threads - Unable burn copy

2. Unable to copy to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy to an external drive: I have an external drive that I have used many times for storage; i.e., moving files from my desktop to the external drive. Now when I try to move files there, I get a message saying "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain...
  3. Unable to copy to an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy to an external drive: I have an external drive that I have used many times for storage; i.e., moving files from my desktop to the external drive. Now when I try to move files there, I get a message saying "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain...
  4. Unable to copy to an external drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  6. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  7. burn files to dvd

in Windows 10 Customization
    burn files to dvd: i have a dvd burner it reads files it plays music and plays videos. I have two programs that will burn dvd and they both work went to Microsoft and download windows 10 it burned the dvd ok if I right click on a file I get the send to menu the dvd drive is not their I...
  8. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.: My dell external DVD will not burn video dvd's. It will burn cd's using itunes but when I attempt to burn a video dvd, it copies it then tells me to put a blank dvd in the external drive. As soon as I do it ejects it and asks again for a blank dvd. I have used several...
  9. Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer: - I am running the latest update of Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628 with the latest updates applied. 64 bit operating system with X64 based processor. - I am unable to burn files to DVD I intend to archive old data to DVD. - I am able to read CD's and DVD's....
  10. copy dvd to file so i can burn it

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy dvd to file so i can burn it: copy dvd to file so i can burn it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-dvd-to-file-so-i-can-burn-it/4fd7b293-a090-4496-8347-51b8692cd491