Windows 10: Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; - I am running the latest update of Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628 with the latest updates applied. 64 bit operating system with X64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterB1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. PeterB1 Win User

Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer

- I am running the latest update of Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628 with the latest updates applied. 64 bit operating system with X64 based processor.

- I am unable to burn files to DVD I intend to archive old data to DVD.

- I am able to read CD's and DVD's.

- I am able to burn files to CD.

- I have attempted to burn DVD's on multiple physical Windows 10 PC's.

- I have attempted to burn DVD's on multiple physical DVD Writers. The DVD Writers on my primary device are show as the following in Windows 10 Device Manager

- HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0

- TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L644C USB Device

- Device Manager shows both of these devices as "This device is working properly"

- I have attempted to update the device drivers and device manager informs me that "Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed"

- After inserting a blank, writable DVD into the optical media device, and then opening the DVD device within "File Explorer", it takes a few minutes and then Windows 10 opens a Window "Burn to Disc" with the message "Insert a disc", Please Insert a writable disc into drive D:.". Inserting a blank, writable DVD shows a similar message with the additional line "Windows can't burn to the current disc.

- I have tried numerous different DVD's.

:)

PeterB1, Feb 3, 2020

2. Unable to burn DVD in Windows 10

• How are you trying to burn the DVD/CD? Are you using Windows Media Player?
    • (a) No
    • Are you trying to burn a data disk or a Media disk?
    • (a) data disk
    • Do you get any error message?
    • (a) when dragging file a "red circle with slash) appear.
    • can read previously recorded DVDs.
    • Are you trying to burn from File Explorer?
    • (a) Yes

TonyCaetano, Feb 3, 2020
  3. burn files to a cd/dvd windows 10

Well, All I want to do is burn data to a DVD. Not video, pictures, music or other nonsense. Only data file. There is no way, apparently, to burn a list of 50 or so files from Windows Explorer to a blank DVD.

Right click on a file in W Explorer does not have a choice to "burn to DVD".

I tried Media Player and it burned pictures but not the data files. I see no place in Media Player to tell it to just burn everything.

This latest build of W10-64 as of 4/11/2017

LionelBooth, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer

Unable to burn DVD in Windows 10

Hi Tejas,

As you are facing issue with burning disk, It would be helpful if you can share the information requested below to assist you better:

• How are you trying to burn the DVD/CD? Are you using Windows Media Player?
    • Are you trying to burn a data disk or a Media disk?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Are you trying to burn from File Explorer?

I suggest you to refer the post by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below:

Burn CD's with windows 10

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer

1. Unable to burn data to DVD using Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Unable burn data

2. Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to burn/copy files to DVD using an external drive: I have been trying for days to copy photos from my laptop to a DVD and have had no success and keep having the same problem.Please can someone help? I am not technically minded at all, especially when it comes to computers but this should be an easy thing to do, surely? Move...
  3. burn files to dvd

in Windows 10 Customization
    burn files to dvd: i have a dvd burner it reads files it plays music and plays videos. I have two programs that will burn dvd and they both work went to Microsoft and download windows 10 it burned the dvd ok if I right click on a file I get the send to menu the dvd drive is not their I...
  4. Burning a DVD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning a DVD in Windows 10: I have a program which allows me to rip a DVD movie to my Video File. Once I have done that, I will burn that video using Windows to a DVD. I have been doing this for awhile now without any issues. Upon reaching the last page of the burn procedure, there was a small box at...
  5. Unable to burn CD/DVD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn CD/DVD in Windows 10: The CD/DVD drive is recognized and will play CD/DVD but when you insert a blank disc it acts like there is no disc in the drive. It also won't write to a disc. I have been able to burn discs in the past....
  6. Burning DVD with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning DVD with Windows 10: I have a "Movie" created in Movie Maker--an MP4 file. To burn to a disc, I use File Explorer. In the "Share" tab, I choose "Burn to disc" then I get the pop-up to insert a writable disc into the drive, which I do. But nothing happens. After a long wait, I close the pop-up...
  7. Burning DVD'S In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning DVD'S In Windows 10: Will a DVD that i burnt using Win 10 load up onto a IMac system? I sent a disc containing JPG's to someone that says it will not load on any of his 3 IMac computers. Nothing wrong with the disc as it immediately loads onto my own Win 10 system....
  8. Burning Photos to DVD using Microsoft 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Burning Photos to DVD using Microsoft 10: I want to burn photos to a DVD. When doing this, the results worked well on my PC (i.e., I can play the developed photo show) but the disk will not play on my DVD player. I have been told by my son that I have burned "data" rather than photos. How can I fix things so that...
  9. Burning MP4 Files to a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning MP4 Files to a DVD: I have Windows 10 on my new desktop computer and have a 1.9 GB MP4 file that I want to burn onto a DVD so that I can play it on my DVD player. Each time I try -- all I get is the same MP4 file burned to the DVD -- which doesn't play on my DVD player. Doesn't the system have...
  10. Using Windows 10 File Explorer to burn dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Windows 10 File Explorer to burn dvds: I've been working with Poser for some time now. I'd like to save some of what I've created, as well as content I've downloaded (legally) that's either free or I've even paid for. If I were to burn that content off using RW discs, does File Explorer "finalize" the disc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is unable to burning dvd