Windows 10: Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Discus and support Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I went to File Explorer and right click on a movie and select Cast to Device. My TV is shown in the next pop up screen but then it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeddie, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Jeddie Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Hello all,

I went to File Explorer and right click on a movie and select Cast to Device. My TV is shown in the next pop up screen but then it says 'Unexpected Device error'?

I can play the same movie using native app in TV, but not from Win10 to TV?

WMP streaming is turned on.
    I have run the troubleshooter for Devices and Hardware. It updated something but problem persists,

Can anybody assist with some troubleshooting please?

:)

Jeddie, Nov 11, 2018

2. What does "Cast to device" mean?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to connect PC and smart phone to a Smart TV.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the Smart TV ?
    • How are you trying to connect Smart TV to the PC?
    Refer the manual which comes with Smart TV for more information about how to connect TV to a PC.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Press the Connect button in the action center to find your device. Windows 10 usually finds devices automatically when you plug them in or turn them on. If it doesn't, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type devices.

• From the list of search results, select Devices.

• Select Add a device.
    Once you are able to find the device then use the Cast to device option to Stream the files.

For reference:

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab02

Project to a wireless display with Miracast:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 11, 2018
  4. kpise Win User

Wireless display without any device on smart tv

hi,

has anyone used windows 10, 64bit to cast on Roku or smart tv. I am getting cast to device option, but nothing is there beyond the menu.

TV is listed in devices and kept on receiving mode.

Please help if someone has experience on this.

kpise, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV - Similar Threads - Unable Cast Device

2. I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV: I have a Hyundai android smart TV, it supports miracast, built in chromecast. I can cast easily from Google Chrome anything, basically without any troubles. However. I am unable to use the windows cast function. It is not showing up if I press win+K. It does show up in the...
  3. I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV: I have a Hyundai android smart TV, it supports miracast, built in chromecast. I can cast easily from Google Chrome anything, basically without any troubles. However. I am unable to use the windows cast function. It is not showing up if I press win+K. It does show up in the...
  4. I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop no longer detecting smart TV to cast to.

Laptop no longer detecting smart TV to cast to.: I've been successfully casting from my laptop to my hisense roku. Have to remove the device and re add it EVERY SINGLE TIME, but it works. Now today my laptop simply will not detect the TV, it is obviously turned on. Why????...
  6. Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV: I own a Surface Pro 9 and I've been trying to connect it wirelessly to my Roku TV or my smart TV to mirror my screen. I've tried a variety of the solutions on here like making sure all my software is updated, playing around with streaming settings, running diagnostics but to...
  7. Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV

Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV: I own a Surface Pro 9 and I've been trying to connect it wirelessly to my Roku TV or my smart TV to mirror my screen. I've tried a variety of the solutions on here like making sure all my software is updated, playing around with streaming settings, running diagnostics but to...
  8. Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV: Interesting. I had never casted anything before. So Friday night pressed the windows logo and K, and Windows found my Roku TV and I watched a movie from one of the website I frequent. I fell asleep and the next morning, windows couldn't find my TV. What happened? I literally...
  9. Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV

Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV: Interesting. I had never casted anything before. So Friday night pressed the windows logo and K, and Windows found my Roku TV and I watched a movie from one of the website I frequent. I fell asleep and the next morning, windows couldn't find my TV. What happened? I literally...
  10. Unable to cast Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to cast Laptop to TV: I was casting my Laptoplenovo to my Samsung TV for a long time. Today when I tried to add my device in the Bluetooth and Other device settings page my TV doesn't get listed.I use a high speed internet and both Laptop and TV use 5Ghz speed. Reinstalled/Upgraded all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am unable to cast to my pictures on the computer to view them on my tv