Windows 10: Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

Discus and support Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Uday Ray, May 19, 2020.

1. Uday Ray Win User

Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I already have dial up and Ethernet connection both installed and tried in several ways to do it by googling but every time I failed.

I tried-

IP Re-Configuration

Driver Update, and so many things but failed to do that.

The main purpose of doing this is to make my laptop a Wifi Hotspot in Windows 10 Pro.

Attaching snapshots, and waiting someone to come with the real solution please. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection 136d81fd-bdf4-4c48-bdf1-4044470a08a8?upload=true.png Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection 971dd24e-98e4-402b-8072-7fa087bd42d4?upload=true.png Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection 0e10b6fc-e22a-47dd-96f7-597515f563e5?upload=true.png

:)

Uday Ray, May 19, 2020
  2. Nick94 Win User

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Hello All,

I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet.
    I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections.
    I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for the maintaining some of my customers equipment.

The problem is, as soon as I establish the Dial Up connection I am losing access to the Internet and on my Ethernet connection icon I can see this yellow triangle with exclamation mark. The funny thing is, not so far ago everything has been working properly, now it is really annoying, because usually I am connecting to this PC via app similar to the Team Viewer and when I am Dial Up the PC is losing access to the Internet and I am losing remote access to this PC, which is pointless. Any advice and suggestions will be really appreciated!

Please see the screenshots of my routing table before and after Dial Up connection at the bottom of this post.

As you can see the metric of my default route is changing every time when I Dial Up.

I was trying to change the metric manually but even if I do this, always after I Dial Up the metric for my default gateway is changed.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection [​IMG]

Nick94, May 19, 2020
  3. anandhca Win User
    Dial up connection from Ethernet

am using wifi dongle, while connecting the device in my laptop it connects in ethernet, i want to connect it in dial up mode. Guide me to step up

anandhca, May 19, 2020
  4. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

How to change a Dial up connection to Ethernet connection?

Hello!

So i recently bought a new internet connection and the person who works for the ISP set up the internet for me when i wasn't home (family members were home). The person set the internet up as Dial up and it gets really annoying as i was used to Ethernet
    before and it used to auto-connect but now i have to connect manually every time my PC sleeps or is turned on. Is there any way that i can change the connection back to Ethernet?

Thanks in Advance!

Bloodhuntress44, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

1. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection - Similar Threads - Unable change dial

2. Ethernet connection connected with dial up directly to my ISP, real IP keeps disconnecting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection connected with dial up directly to my ISP, real IP keeps disconnecting...: I recently got a new internet connection installed on my computer fed by an optic fiber connection converting to broadband directly to my computer.Since this requires a dial up connection to be set up with my ISP which in turn provides me with better speeds there was no...
  3. About Dial up / broadband Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Dial up / broadband Connection: when i try to connect to broadband it show me this error i checked twice and tried another id but failed[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-dial-up-broadband-connection/3455b95d-f29e-4f3d-871d-1a23ff1d8c6c
  4. Windows 10 dial-up connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dial-up connection: My parents, ages 81 and 77, purchased a new computer. The default web browser is Microsoft Edge. On their previous computer, which had Windows XP installed, they had a fairly simple process to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer Select "dial" when prompt appears...
  5. Error 678 with dial-up connection

Error 678 with dial-up connection: Hi, I am trying to get a new HP computer to connect to the internet with dial-up. There is no other connection option, It is a remote site, there is no wireless, cell-phone, ADSL, VDSL. I set up the dial-up connection but get Error 678. I have tried an older computer running...
  6. Dial-Up connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  7. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  8. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  9. PPPOE Dial Up connection issue

PPPOE Dial Up connection issue: PPPOE or any dial up connection showing I'm not connected to internet and no Microsoft app is connecting to internet. Can't even sign in to my acc. But Edge works fine and I can browse internet. [ATTACH]...
  10. Dial up connection error 608

Dial up connection error 608: Ever since upgrading to Win 10 the dial up function hangs after the far end answers. When I try to look at the Security properties of the connection I get the 608 error code. My modem is Win 10 compatible and works fine on another communications program. I realize nobody uses...